Need to find the best place to buy a wireless phone jack system for my new 622

bigthrust

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Need to find the best place to buy a wireless phone jack system for my new 622. I ignored the signs and got busted because I don't have my new 622 connected to my home phone line. Adding a wired extension just is not worth the effort because of the location. So, I am looking for the best deal/place to buy the wireless phone jack system. Any help would be appreciated. So far, Dish has the best price (go figure).

I always visit www.nextag.com which is a shopping comparison site. I also checked Ebay this morning and they have a lot of them that are pretty reasonable. I have seen a price range from $40-$75.

One thing to keep in mind about these wireless transmitters...

Do not use them on outlets that also have powerstrips, nor on the powerstrips themselves. In my case doing so created loud reception interference. Not that everyone would have this problem. It was bad enough that I wouldnt even consider using one for phone conversations. But it wasnt enough of a problem to prevent the receiver from making a connection or to dialout. Some brands might be more likely to have this problem than others.

Need to find the best place to buy a wireless phone jack system for my new 622. I ignored the signs and got busted because I don't have my new 622 connected to my home phone line. Adding a wired extension just is not worth the effort because of the location. So, I am looking for the best deal/place to buy the wireless phone jack system. Any help would be appreciated. So far, Dish has the best price (go figure).

What signs and what do you mean you got busted.

Don't buy the GE TL26595, it won't dial out with the 622, I bought one (new) off Ebay for ~16$ shipped, works fine as an ext phone jack but won't dial Charlie for my 622! I should have saved my $16 and spent the extra for one that works.
(I hook up a phone line from a regular phone jack once a month and do a manual dial out: Menu>6>3 ("dial out")

I purchase the Phonex wireless system below from www.SaveAtEagle.com

Phonex Wireless Jack for PX-441-PX 1 39.95
Modems (Base & Extension) PX-441 NEW
Subtotal 39.95
Shipping 9.26
Total 49.21

I was the best price but the shipping was a bit high to San Diego. Works great with my 508 and now my 622.

Ray

What signs and what do you mean you got busted.

I meant that they caught me before I got started (I knew they would at some point). I had replaced a 510 DVR with this 622 and never had a phone line attached to the 510. Now that I have a 622 with a phone connection, Dish started charging me right away for not having one. So, I got "busted".

Radio Shack Didn't Work

I bought 2 from Radio Shack and neither one worked with the 622 (would not call out). I got the Dish one and it worked fine.

Mine is located in another room from the 622 so that could have made the difference.

I have the RCA brand wireless jacks and they work just fine. One is plugged into my living room next to my 622 and the other is up a floor and across the house.

I'm not sure where my GF got it from or how much it cost.

Well...I just gave up trying to find a good price on a wireless jack system. So I bought a thin/flat 50' telephone cable and neatly routed it from one side of the room to the other. Can't even tell it's there. Cost, $9.00.

I forgot I did that for the one in the other room. If it works it works. And you have a couple more plugs to use for other things.

Dish Network has a Phonex Easy Jack wireless phone extension available from them for just $39 + shipping. That's a pretty good deal. They got it to me the day after I called.

Last edited:
Dish Network has a Phonex Easy Jack wireless phone extension available from them for just $39.99 + shipping. That's a pretty good deal.

They sent me one of these for free, the installer didn't attempt any kind of phone hook up and when I called in a bout it they sent me one to take care of his f up. It works great, never a problem.

I bought my set on Ebay. I think after shipping, the total cost was something like $30. And it works great!

They sent me one of these for free, the installer didn't attempt any kind of phone hook up and when I called in a bout it they sent me one to take care of his f up. It works great, never a problem.

You got lucky I think.

My installer installed the PX-441 and it has been working fine for a year. I just got caller ID and cannot get it to show up on screen even though I did enable it to show on my PVR-625. The phonex website says that it should transmit the caller ID.

Does anyone else have this working, Phonex PX-441 wireless phone connection and caller ID showing up on screen? (Connection checks out good on diagnostics, just no caller ID)

TIA
Telstar.

I bought two of the wireless GE phonejacks off eBay. Made sure to get the "modem" model, though. They dial out and pick up caller ID perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)