Need to find the cheapest way to get 148, with Professional Install from Dish Network

aeris

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Hello, I live in Milpitas, CA, and I subscribe to SF locals.

I called Dish Network on April 8, 2006, to get a free wing dish at 148, and it would be installed on April 11, 2006.

I then called on April 10, 2006, to confirm the install, instead, Dish Network cancelled it, without contacting me :mad: !!!

Why you ask?

The other SF "must carry" channels (i.e. KTSF, KSTS) are being moved to E*10, around May, so no wing dish is needed.

The Dish Network CSR told me then to call Skylite Satellite at http://www.skylite.com , to see if they can install the wing dish.

I called Skylite Satellite, and Skylite Satellite said "to call Dish Network to get the wing dish".

Another thing, I then called later to get the free public interest channels package from Dish Network, (I was subscribed to Dish Latino Plus) but one CSR says, "this does not exist," what???

I really need this wing dish, now, and Dish Network CSR's aren't that helpful, what should I do to get the cheapest way, to get the wing dish, with Professional Install from Dish Network?

I can't install it myself because I live in a two-story house, and I might fall down, and I'm not good at pointing satellites, no matter if it's easy, or as hard as getting IA-5.

I had a hard time getting IA-5, although I did get it, the quality of the feed was bad.

My setup: Two DP301's, DP34 switch with missing ground screw (if anyone knows what screw this uses, or wants to offer this ground screw, please PM me,) and a Superdish at 121.

Thanks for reading.

I don't think that you are suppose to use the DP34 as a grounding point. Even tho it has the capability to be grounded. Ground it Before the switch.

Lyle

I had some bad experiences with Skylite Satellite in Milpitas and will never use them again (long, old story). As for getting the 148 wing dish installed, if you can't wait for E*10 to come online completely for those channels, then you will need to have it installed by a local company. I have the 148 wing (had it installed 3 years ago) and I guess I won't need it much longer...hmmm...may be time to reaim that dish for use with more HD channels...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)