Need to move 5LNB Slimline, Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I have to move my Slimeline to a different location, Can I do it without a satellite finder. I'm sure someone has had success without one. Maybe you could give me a few pointers! Thanks.

Just use the receiver as a meter. Have someone inside watching the levels and use a cell phone or walkie talkie to communicate.
I'll be able to see the tv myself while intsalling ,so that helps, But is it really as sensitive as they claim, Will I be able to ajust the 103 and 99 without to much trouble . And what are the steps . Do I peak the 101 instead of the 110 now?

I'll be able to see the tv myself while intsalling ,so that helps, But is it really as sensitive as they claim, Will I be able to ajust the 103 and 99 without to much trouble . And what are the steps . Do I peak the 101 instead of the 110 now?

Hemi,
Seeing it has already been set up and working the only thing you should have to worry about it the Azmith the Elevation and tilt will already be set.
Move it to where you need it and dial in your signal, should not be too hard.
Make minor adjustments once you have your signal.
Remember,a very small movement down here is a large movement up there 23,000 miles away.
Make absolutley sure that it is plumb and level when you set it back up

Jimbo

If you are moving within the same zipc ode, all you need to do is make sure the dish pole is plumb and just adjust the azimuth on the dish to re-align it.

If you are moving across town or further, then you will need to readjust the other angles as well.

Good luck.

If the TV is close enough for you to see, open a window and crank up the volume as well. You will here the meter changing pitch as the signal goes up and dowm. As Jimbo has already said, the key is making sure you ae dead plumb and level with the mast.

The dish points to the 101, and is gross peaked on the 101 and 119. Like Jimbo said, make sure the mast is absolutely plum first. You should only have to make minor azimuth/elevation adjustments once it's relocated.

Do the gross azimuth adjustments using the three bolts on the mast, tighten them, and then use the fine tuning bolts to tweak the signal in to maximum levels on all sats.

Thanks Guys. The mast isn't plumb right now. I guess when using a satellite finder Technitions don't feel the have to level anything I guess. So I'm not sure the Dish elevation or tilt it correct. I think they just ajusted it from when ever they got a signal. It most likly a few Degrees off to compensate for it being out of plumb. So more then likly I'll be starting over. I do have a satellite finder,its just nothing fancy!

Thanks Guys. The mast isn't plumb right now. I guess when using a satellite finder Technitions don't feel the have to level anything I guess. So I'm not sure the Dish elevation or tilt it correct. I think they just ajusted it from when ever they got a signal. It most likly a few Degrees off to compensate for it being out of plumb. So more then likly I'll be starting over. I do have a satellite finder,its just nothing fancy!

I would still set it plumb, keep your tilt and elevation the same until you get a signal, depending on how out of plumb it was, you should STILL get your signal by using just the AZMITH , make very fine adjustment from there.

btw, I have not seen a audible signal work on the HR20's that I have set up so far. (unless I'm doing something wrong)

Jimbo

Also, Why does it SUCK to be him.
Setting up these 5lnb dishes is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
It sucks to be Hemi because if his installer had plumbed the mast in the first place, all he would need to do is dial in the azimuth. As it is, Hemi's going to have to do a complete install which, while not rocket science, is certainly tedious.

Gee,thanks for your great help!:rolleyes:

If you have a basic signal meter, you won't really be able to dither the dish properly unless you are able to switch voltage and control tones on it.

Assuming you can't change control tones on your meter, you will have to use it to peak in on the 101 sat. Set your presets for tilt and elevation. Best advice is to start a little bit east of your azimuth setting, and slowly swing to the west until you see the meter peak. Now, ever so slightly, tilt the dish upwards. If the signal increases, you should be on the 101 sat. Lock down the 3 mast bolts and peak the 101 using the fine tuning bolts.

Now you will need the receiver to peak in the rest of the sats, using the fine tuning bolts. You will probably have to tweak the tilt also, depending upon how far off plumb your mast was.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)