Need to "MOVE" Need your "HELP"

satguy79

Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Next Friday I need to "move" briefly to catch the Saints 1st preseason game...I live in Knoxville, TN and the game will only be broadcast locally on Fox 8 in New Orleans or San Francisco CBS 5...is Knoxville and New Orleans on same spot beam to "move" or am I going to have to get creative with this? Their other 3 preseason games I will get nationally/locally so this is the only one...any help appreciated....my zip is 37934...I do not want to watch replay on NFL Network or highlights or Red Zone etc...I want to watch it live as it is played on preferably the NOLA local network but would take san fran feed if I had to...thanks

Knoxville and New Orleans are neither one near your physical area to be able to "move" to them. Spotbeams are good about 100 miles out from a area that is being broadcast to. For example I am in Nederland , Texas , which is 90 miles from Houston . I can and do sub to Houston locals because I am within the spotbeam area to be able to get them. Now if you want to actually buy distant networks from All American Direct or Sobongo, you can use an address on the west coast to qualify for San Francisco distant nets in SD. You could drop them after you see the game if you want to. You can qualify for them online using the following address in Washington state;

3002 Lakeway Drive #308 ( or any made up number except for #202-that was mine)
Bellingham Wa. 98229

You can apply for distant nets from AAD at the following address:

MyDistantNetworks

And before you think that DISH and Sobongo AAD shares information for locals and distants , they DON'T. You can actually have two different locals addresses and they don't care. They only share the same dish receivers for their service. For one network say CBS that you want, it would cost only $3.49 . If you wanted all 4 nets , it would cost only $12.99 .

Last edited:
mike thanks for the detailed info...i really just need the 1 game, one time deal...the $3.49 a la carte feature would be excellent...can i apply and add to my current account or do i have to set up some whole new deal? just looking for the best way to get that SF CBS for 1 time...SD is totally fine

You don't always have to move if you don't mind watching on your computer. There are p2p sites where you can stream sports. I had to do that to watch Buffalo Sabres games last season since Dish and MSG are at loggerheads.

dwarren dont mind at all...it is 1 game so i would love to have any help you could offer...any suggestions on the best site/connection on a p2p?

Already sent you a PM with the url. I won't post it in the public forum since I'm not sure it's allowed. You can send me a PM by left clicking on my nick.

Already sent you a PM with the url. I won't post it in the public forum since I'm not sure it's allowed. You can send me a PM by left clicking on my nick.

Are there said URL for teams in all markers? If so I would love to know about those that would allow me to watch the ALWAYS blacked out Raider games throughout the season.

mike thanks for the detailed info...i really just need the 1 game, one time deal...the $3.49 a la carte feature would be excellent...can i apply and add to my current account or do i have to set up some whole new deal? just looking for the best way to get that SF CBS for 1 time...SD is totally fine
No new account needed. You can plug your receiver numbers in once you qualify ( and You will if you use my address) and it will turn on within two days if you pay on line using your credit card.

How would one even pay for AAD? they used to have a place to put your CC # online when you signed up for service, but now they don't, and if you're putting in a fake address, you'll never receive a bill to pay?

Hi anyone have a zipcode to put distant networks from nyc?

Judging from your question I think you may not understand how it works...... I seriously doubt there will be a zip code from NYC that will get you distants.

I think he means a zip code in a white area that would qualify for NY distant networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts