Need your Help setting up 97W AKA IA5

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got a new LNBF.. Same problem Signal Level is between 76 - 81 wherever I point dish & signal quality is steady 0 !!!! Honestly I am running out of ideas here .. I have an old Pansat Clone, I did a Factory reset on it, is there anything special I ve got to do after a factory reset ? all what I did is go to satellite set up and entered the settings mentionned in my first post. (My receiver is an AE FP-2500 whish is a pandat 2500 clone I think)

Think of Signal Strength / Level indicating that there is power getting to the LNB, that's it.
It "may" increase when on a Sat, but no guarantee.

my LNB is skewed and reading 7 Oclock (I am in the west)
Dishpointer.com shows a Skew of -13 (to the Left - 11 o'clock) for Alberta, Canada

What Transponder do you have selected in the Receiver's Setup Menu?
Which 90cm Dish do you have?

29.27 even if it looks kind of pointing too high
Are you positive you are looking at the correct place for the Dish Elevation.
Are you using a compass to get you in the general direction.

Think of Signal Strength / Level indicating that there is power getting to the LNB, that's it.
It "may" increase when on a Sat, but no guarantee.

Dishpointer.com shows a Skew of -13 (to the Left - 11 o'clock) for Alberta, Canada

What Transponder do you have selected in the Receiver's Setup Menu?
Which 90cm Dish do you have?

I selected TP: 12152 H20000 (I got it from ICEBERG'S list) I tried 11867 MHz Vertical, Symbol rate 22000 as well

Are you positive you are looking at the correct place for the Dish Elevation.

I don't really know what you mean with this, I am using a tripod in a deck that it a bit high

Are you using a compass to get you in the general direction.

I am not using a compass but I am referring to couple dishes that I have installed there

I selected TP: 12152 H20000 (I got it from ICEBERG'S list) I tried 11867 MHz Vertical, Symbol rate 22000 as well

I am using a tripod in a deck that it a bit high

I am not using a compass but I am referring to couple dishes that I have installed there

I am using a tripod in a deck that it a bit high

Both of those transponders are currently active. Here in California, 11867 is stronger.

At this point, I would highly suggest disconnecting the LNB and measuring the voltage going into it (from the cable center conductor to the ground shield). It should be 13V or 18V. If its 0 then your LNB is not getting power and wont work at all.

If the voltage checks out OK, then the next step would be to double check your azimuth with a compass.

I am making the assumption you are in Calgary, here is the pictorial of what your dish should look like together with the angles: Note the dish face angle for an offset dish

---

Dish location
(city/country):

--- Select city ---Calgary

Antenna diameter (width):
cm 80

Antenna diameter (height):
cm 90

Your location:

Latitude:
51.05° N (51° 2' 59")

Longitude:
-114.08° E (114° 4' 47")

City:
Calgary/AB

Canada

87.228.186.3_806171304499e54f9538783.85376587_lnb_tilt.png

LNB tilt (Skew) Looking at LNB from dish​

87.228.186.3_806171304499e54f9538783.85376587_sky_az.png

Azimuth angle​

Following values have been calculated for your location:

Azimuth angle:
158.44° (True North)

Elevation angle:
29.42°

LNB tilt (Skew):
-13.36°

Offset angle:
27.27°

Distance to satellite:
38668.97 Km

Signal delay:
257.79 ms (Uplink + Downlink)

Declination angle:
-7.31°

Polarmount hour angle:
161.17°

Angle setting on motor:
18.83° East

Satellite:
(97° W)

87.228.186.3_806171304499e54f9538783.85376587_sky_dish_elevation.png

Elevation angle​

Thanks Guys for your Ideas!! I ve got gouple ideas from you guys. I will figure it out this weekend and let you know what was wrong

A quick update for you guys! I got it! It wasn't the lnbf it wasn't the receiver neither the cable it was simply the elevation and azimuth !! I changed the location of the dish, I ignored completly the settings I kept trying until I got the signal quality moving up!!! The elevation was like 4 degrees up than what I was supposed to have. The skew didn't help at all as matter of fact Ihave no skew in my lnbf .. Anyway I got it now, the quality of the signal isn't very high but I was kind of expecting that since I m up north !!
Guys thank you very much for your help, this forum is just amazing
Cheers

well done. 97 is one of the harder sats to get as it is low power. congrats! btw, get a signal meter, no problem for you ten bucks, any sat it minutes. peace

Thanks buddy, I don't think I m going to need a signal meter at least for a while !! with 3 dishes in my backyard pointing to 5 satellites.. I think I m good for now;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts