Need your help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

true

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Indiana
My oldest boy was moving his room around and was hooking the dish box (322)back up. He pluged it in to the outlet and it triped the braker. Now I can't get a signal from any of the sats 110,119,129 on any of the tv's or box's do you think by chance he may have fried the LNB?

if he didn't plug the cable from the satellite into the wrong place then no....
I think this is what he has done. I think he has fried the receiver and the LNB because when you go to plug the box in it makes this high pitch sound. now my 722 is fine but can't get a signal. I hope dish doesn't charge me for this i have the warranty. I ran check switch and it says it can't find the sats 110,119,129 on the 722 box.

Are you sure his receiver isn't just rebooting? Sorry about the dumb question but I don't know how familiar you are with Dish. Receivers DO make a high pitched sound when they reboot, the sound should cease after a few minutes. As for your 722, you DID try rebooting it, right?--hold down the power button for 5 seconds or pull the power cord for half a minute. Again, sorry, but if this is all new to you...............
Good luck!

Ed

Dish came out yesterday and told me that everything was fried my 322 and my 722 boxes gone and the LNB. so now i have to wait for my two box's to get here so i can see all the new HD they added yesterday. man this realy sucks. thanks for all your replies and help.

I would get an electrical outlet tester and check the outlet he plugged that receiver in to. If the outlet is faulty, you could have had a surge that essentially crossed through the satellite cabling and discharged through the good ground at the electrical outlet that the 722 was plugged in to. This would possibly fry all components in that path to ground. I'm afraid that if the outlet is bad, you will just duplicate your problem and fry your equipment again.

A simple 18v dc current normally used on a satellite system isn't likely going to toast all 3 pieces of equipment. The fact that the circuit breaker tripped tells me that 120v house electric current got on to the satellite wires to the other receiver via the common connection of the LNB. I doubt the 322 was bad as you would have been tripping breakers at its former location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)