Neighbors Dish.

Because he has obstructions that prevents a clear line of site for one reason...

I thought we were innocent until proven guilty in the US lol.

Then you must be psychic since he never said anything about obstructions, unless you know where this person lives.

Alright already!!!

Stop the idiotic arguments whether the OP was intending to stack or not!

There was not hint of account stacking in the OP's statement. One can account stack with separate dishes too. So please stop this line of conversation.

This can be done, technically, and Dish doesn't want to know you are doing this. This is in the same realm as "Moving," if you get my drift. If this is what it takes for you to get Dish service, so be it. Dish will not "officially" support this because of the length of cable run and some other tech issues, and installers won't make such an install. You are on your own on this one. Of course, they don't want to know you are doing this. However, there may be legitimate reasons you need or want to do this. However, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN SEPARATE ACCOUNT, Each household/address must have its own account or it is in violation of the Residential Agreement: a form of signal theft. Otherwise, they don't really care how your are getting the signal, just so long as you pay for your own services. You may have to buy your own boxes at full retail or on Ebay, etc. It is less expensive to qualify for a free install and equipment, but you may have your reasons for accessing your neighbor's dish.

Keep in mind that a maximum of THREE DP34 or DPP44 switches can be used in series. Three DPP44 switches give you a maximum of 12 dual tuner boxes running off of one install. Dish actually has install diagrams for such a maximum installs. They are pretty interesting. Remember, just so long as each residence has its own, separate account, you would be OK. When you call to activate service, tell the CSR that you are "Dish Ready," and they should activate after they create your account. Good Luck.

actually i wanted to get my own account but im renting an apartment and im pretty sure that my landlord wont allow me to put a dish up. i wasnt planning on stealing the service i just really want it without having to much of a hassle.

actually i wanted to get my own account but im renting an apartment and im pretty sure that my landlord wont allow me to put a dish up. i wasnt planning on stealing the service i just really want it without having to much of a hassle.

The next step...ask him!!!

Get permission from the neighbor in writing!

Have the agreement notatized specifying both parties rights and responsibilities.

I completely understand your situation. I did know someone, a friend of a friend--I actually saw the set-up, who wanted satellite (cable screwed up), but the landlord was really kind of weird about things and gave the clear impression she really did not want to see anymore dishes on her property, even though a few dishes had been installed. He was a new renter and was desperate to keep his apartment (recent divorce and very tight finances), so he did not want to upset the landlord in the least.

He saw his neighbor in the apartment next to his already had a Direct TV dish installed. So he asked his neighbor if he could somehow use his dish for reception of service for his own account. The neighbor said yes, but charged him a small amount of money each month for the privilege.

Anyway, they set it up and all was fine, until the guy pissed-off his neighbor (totally the fault of the renter, not the neighbor) and immediately cut the cable to my friend of friend's apartment.

Just thought those should know of some legitimate reasons for accessing a neighbor's dish. One should be nice to those who hold the dish.

dishes stance on this is negative. But most of the issues you all brought up are irellivant. And whoever the tech was that reported the two people sharing the dish is an idiot. Especially considering most places that you would share a dish would be an apartment or condo. Why would you want a dish on every balcony when you could share them. And as far as switches go, you can stack up to 3 dpp44 switches off one dish setup, thats 12 dual tuner recievers without any amps. what in the world are two people in apartments or condo's, even townhouses, gonna do with 12 dual tuner recievers. and as far as the comment about the lazy tech tapping into the other dish on the townhouse roof, why would you want to drill more holes in a town house roof. especially considering most townhouse complexes are reluctant to allow dishes on the roof in the first place?

dishes stance on this is negative. But most of the issues you all brought up are irellivant. And whoever the tech was that reported the two people sharing the dish is an idiot. Especially considering most places that you would share a dish would be an apartment or condo. Why would you want a dish on every balcony when you could share them. And as far as switches go, you can stack up to 3 dpp44 switches off one dish setup, thats 12 dual tuner recievers without any amps. what in the world are two people in apartments or condo's, even townhouses, gonna do with 12 dual tuner recievers. and as far as the comment about the lazy tech tapping into the other dish on the townhouse roof, why would you want to drill more holes in a town house roof. especially considering most townhouse complexes are reluctant to allow dishes on the roof in the first place?

Sorry, but your post reeks of lazy short cut taking installer.
The one who's ass I have ot cover on service calls due to Dish's "bring every job to spec policy". That's right we roll up on a short cut job not to spec and we have to redo the who thing on our dime.
That is what it is.
Installers who take short cuts and skate hoping they'll never have to go back or won't get caught are f-ing up this business.
If you take offense ot this post, so be it.
I don not need a reply. It won't get read. So don't bother.
Have a wonderful evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)