NET on a 6 footer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
There is a nice article about NET in the Jan 2010 edition of Monitoring Times magazine. I know I've tried to hit this MUX before but had marginal results. The article specifies that you need a, "Well-tuned 10' C-band dish." I assume this is due to the 5/6 FEC rate. I know I've had problems with 5/6 and 7/8 FEC rates before where signal wasn't the greatest (Deutsche Welle comes to mind). I'm going to try this satellite again with my fixed 6' setup. I'm already next door on 91W so just a few tweaks should get me there.

Has anyone been able to hit the NET MUX with a 6 footer?

yes I did...very low signal quality (right above threshold) but can be done.

thelist under 89W shows the channels and I did log them. Had issues with the CS8000 on them where it stutters.

yes I did...very low signal quality (right above threshold) but can be done.

thelist under 89W shows the channels and I did log them. Had issues with the CS8000 on them where it stutters.

I gave it a shot today but at my location the signal was just below the threshold. I got the MUX to scan in but it wasn't watchable.

I don't always trust what channels claim to be a "minimum dish size". NASA claims a 10' minimum dish size, and its easily receivable on a 6' (and probably even a mini or microBUD). Of course, the NASA TP is FEC 3/4, so that helps...

I don't always trust what channels claim to be a "minimum dish size". NASA claims a 10' minimum dish size, and its easily receivable on a 6' (and probably even a mini or microBUD). Of course, the NASA TP is FEC 3/4, so that helps...

agreed :)

Its all really trial and error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)