Netflix becomes home to all WWE content, including RAW, Smackdown, and live events

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
In 2025 WWE Raw will be moving to Netflix. In a 10 year 5 Billion Dollar Deal, Netflix will get RAW in the USA, and outside the USA they will get all WWE Shows (Raw, Smackdown, NXT) as well as all live WWE Live Events such as WrestleMania and SummerSlam.

WWE's contact with NBC's Peacock service expires in 2026 and it is expected WWE will leave Peacock for Netflix as well.

I have seen some of the data, WWE gets a amazing number of viewers on Peacock, I do have to believe this will hurt them.

It is not for me, have a issue with fakeness, same reason why I hate reality shows.

In 2025 WWE Raw will be moving to Netflix. In a 10 year 5 Billion Dollar Deal, Netflix will get RAW in the USA, and outside the USA they will get all WWE Shows (Raw, Smackdown, NXT) as well as all live WWE Live Events such as WrestleMania and SummerSlam.

WWE's contact with NBC's Peacock service expires in 2026 and it is expected WWE will leave Peacock for Netflix as well.
Wow Live TV coming to Netflix and the flagship WWE show RAW, its been a long ride with the USA Network. I still find myself watching the first few seasons of RAW on Peacock

Though as I read articles its not all over for wrestling on WWE, smackdown will be moving to USA it looks like

I doubt Peacock will make it to 2026. Those rights might terminate or transfer, depending upon how the contract was written.

I also expect Scott is going to have to crank open his wallet a bit more…. Five BILLION!

Wrestling is really the only "Live" show I watch. I grew up woth wrestling with my Grandfather, and actually worked for the WWF (Now WWE) for a bit.

I use to buy all the $69 pay per views. So when the WWE Network came out at $9.99 a month I was saving a lot of money... when they moved to Peacock for $2.99 a month I was saving even more. I already have Netflix so when the time comes I can get rid of Peacock since the only thing we watch on it is wrestling. This means I will be saving even more money. Nothing wrong with that. :D

Reactions: navychop
Wow. WWE had a long time relationship with NBC, so surprised to see this. Stunned that Raw itself is going to Netflix. Netflix apparently going to add ads. Personally, can't stand the programs. Too much fluff and commercials. Just want to watch the PPV matches. Peacock will need to do something. This might help Indycar get a few more bucks, not that it is a huge driver of revenue. I think NBC also has the EPL until 27-28. By then, probably just merge into something else.

Wow. WWE had a long time relationship with NBC, so surprised to see this. Stunned that Raw itself is going to Netflix. Netflix apparently going to add ads. Personally, can't stand the programs. Too much fluff and commercials. Just want to watch the PPV matches. Peacock will need to do something. This might help Indycar get a few more bucks, not that it is a huge driver of revenue. I think NBC also has the EPL until 27-28. By then, probably just merge into something else.
WWE will still be on USA, USA will be taking over the Smackdown show from FOX.

I find it hard to believe that Netflix is going to let WWE Promote Peacock on its shows for the next 2 years.

WWE will still be on USA, USA will be taking over the Smackdown show from FOX.

I find it hard to believe that Netflix is going to let WWE Promote Peacock on its shows for the next 2 years.
Peacock isn't a threat to Netflix. Besides look at the NFL. Games on other networks and services are advertised all the time on a game.

The one thing Netflix is really bad at is content hubs. I hope they figure this out so that it's easy to surface WWE content. I did not expect this though - I actually thought ESPN+ was going to be the next play, but good for Netflix for opening the checkbook.

It is frustrating how much WWE content moves around though. It seems every other year there's a new "home" for it.

Reactions: meStevo
The one thing Netflix is really bad at is content hubs.

Yeah, their carousel approach needs a hybrid version to better serve the content they want to feature. The simplicity is so portable but they've leaned on it for far too long that discoverability has always suffered IMO. Even when I know what I want to watch and know it's on the service unless I search by the title it can be difficult to find.

The one thing Netflix is really bad at is content hubs. I hope they figure this out so that it's easy to surface WWE content. I did not expect this though - I actually thought ESPN+ was going to be the next play, but good for Netflix for opening the checkbook.
Could not talk about this before, ESPN did talk with them ( remember, Endeavor/TKO, who know owns the WWE, has a deal with ESPN and the UFC) but decided against it, too much $$$$, they have some big contract renewals coming up, have to be able to pay for that, mostly College Football Playoffs and the NBA, which they need for daily programming.

Now, I had no idea Netflix was going to pick it up or that it was a possibility the WWE might leave Peacock in 2 years, but that would not be a surprise, WWE will want more money from Comcast, to air on a service that , in my opinion, will still be losing money for at least 2-3 more years.

Plus the fact that Comcast is still $94 Billion in debt and losing per sub fees from their Network/Cable Channels and the 500,000-600,000 video subscribers that leave every quarter.

Sooner or later, they also need to cut back, not just streaming, but from everything it owns.

Could not talk about this before, ESPN did talk with them ( remember, Endeavor/TKO, who know owns the WWE, has a deal with ESPN and the UFC) but decided against it, too much $$$$, they have some big contract renewals coming up, have to be able to pay for that, mostly College Football Playoffs and the NBA, which they need for daily programming.
Yeah that's what I was alluding to - I had heard those rumors. Given the price Netflix ended up paying, I would have balked too. WWE is a great content engine, but it doesn't bring subscribers to a service and keep them there to view and elevating the service's other content. Netflix makes a ton more sense in that respect.

Yeah I know Disney and Warner Brothers / Discovery were in talks too.

I think this deal makes the most sense, especially after the WWE with Peacock ends.

Yeah I know Disney and Warner Brothers / Discovery were in talks too.

I think this deal makes the most sense, especially after the WWE with Peacock ends.
Well Disney was, that was the ESPN talks, Warner has the AWA already, plus it also has it’s share of the NBA contract coming up, plus it’s $44 Billion in debt it is trying to pay down.

Does not help them losing about $200-300 Million, at least, on Aquaman 2.

Yeah that's what I was alluding to - I had heard those rumors. Given the price Netflix ended up paying, I would have balked too. WWE is a great content engine, but it doesn't bring subscribers to a service and keep them there to view and elevating the service's other content. Netflix makes a ton more sense in that respect.
The one thing WWE does with RAW, is provide a 52 week season. This could help manage churn.

It is hard to gauge the price of US RAW rights for Netflix, as this includes international access for most properties. Looking around, Sens8 cost near $10 million an episode to produce. The cost to Netflix for RAW is a decent percentage under that cost... and they don't need to produce it.

The one thing WWE does with RAW, is provide a 52 week season. This could help manage churn.

It is hard to gauge the price of US RAW rights for Netflix, as this includes international access for most properties. Looking around, Sens8 cost near $10 million an episode to produce. The cost to Netflix for RAW is a decent percentage under that cost... and they don't need to produce it.
absolutely fair re: churn. what i meant was on ESPN, once an ep of Raw is done, is the consumer staying in the app to watch a hockey game? Sportscenter? 30 for 30? Given that Raw often conflicts with that stuff on live TV, I would think the consumer has already indicated their preference and it's more likely they navigate to a different app after.

on netflix, once Raw is over, it's much much more likely that the same consumer searches and starts watching something else on the service

Reactions: Yespage
Oh, it just keeps the entertainment flowing. Farewell to him. I suggest he get better lawyers than are currently in the news.

Delicately, delicately.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeD-C05