Netflix gift card offer

I’m now up to 3 of 4 being 4K! :)
All of mine are, even the ones in the guest rooms that did not get any use this year (so happy), but they are all just TCL 5 and 6 series I bought when we moved here 3 years ago.

My main 3, gaming area is the Sony OLED, Living Room is a 8K, then the outdoor theater, I just upgraded the projector to 4K, was 1080P.

To say it another way, I wish you didn't have to pay for 4K to get HDR. I don't really care about 4K as I really can't see that much of a difference, but I can see HDR in a lot of content.
I just purchased True Lies, Aliens and The Abyss in 4K/DV, it is a amazing difference, if anyone says they cannot tell a difference, definitely needs their eyes checked.

I watched on Movies Anywhere, since they show 4K movies in much higher bitrates range.

Vudu are in a lower range.

I just purchased True Lies, Aliens and The Abyss in 4K/DV, it is a amazing difference, if anyone says they cannot tell a difference, definitely needs their eyes checked.

I watched on Movies Anywhere, since they show 4K movies in much higher bitrates range.

Vudu are in a lower range.
How big is your tv?

Yeah, I only have a 65" TV in the living room. Maybe if I had an 85", I could see a bigger difference, but then I wouldn't be able to see the whole screen at one time.
Back in Michigan, we had a 65” TCL-6 Series, even then I could tell a difference.

Back in Michigan, we had a 65” TCL-6 Series, even then I could tell a difference.
At what viewing distance? Based on this, I'd need at least an 80" TV to see 4k clearly:

And that is too big. HDR makes a much bigger impact for most people than 4K. I wear glasses which correct to 20/20, but I can barely tell any difference between HD and 4k. It certainly doesn't add anything to the viewing experience for me while HDR does.

At what viewing distance? Based on this, I'd need at least an 80" TV to see 4k clearly:

And that is too big. HDR makes a much bigger impact for most people than 4K. I wear glasses which correct to 20/20, but I can barely tell any difference between HD and 4k. It certainly doesn't add anything to the viewing experience for me while HDR does.
13 Feet and I also wear progressives, have been since I hit 50 6 years ago.

Also have a 165” Screen in my outdoor theater, just bought a new 4K Projector ( it was 1080P), sit about 12 feet back, have not had a chance to hook up the new projector, going thru our annual 2 weeks of cold weather here, where it gets into the 40’s at night, warms up in a couple of days, will hook up then.

And I never posted HDR/DV does not make a difference, it does, but so does 4K, but together, done well, is the biggest difference.

Again, if you watch Aliens in 4K/DV, it looks like a brand new modern movie, it should not look as good as it does, specially at over 30 years old.