Netflix hd streaming pq

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I have a Samsung 1590 and have begun streaming movies and programs. I have DSL 3mbs so sometime getting hd streamed is hit or miss. The pq when it is hd is about or just below hd on Dish. I have got "Lost" in my instant queue and it says it is hd but have never been able to reach that pq yet. Have any of you guys tried the streaming and if you have what are your thoughts on pq??

No thoughts on audio as Netflix is not sending 5.1 or 7.1.

You need to be able to maintain at least a 2.5 mbps stream to get Netflix HD. I know with the Roku, you can force it to only output at 2.5 mbps, even if it means long pauses for occaisional rebuffers if your Internet speed isn't high enough.

Your 3.0 mbps DSL may not offer enough headroom to allow for possible fluctuations in your stream. If you are connected wirelessly, there may be some interference there as well. Try a wired connection, if possible, to see if you notice any difference.

There also seems to be a slowdown when Netflix's servers get clogged during peak (primetime) viewing hours. I'm afraid I don't know much about how your Samsung handles Netflix streams to provide any additional insight on that.

You need to be able to maintain at least a 2.5 mbps stream to get Netflix HD. I know with the Roku, you can force it to only output at 2.5 mbps, even if it means long pauses for occaisional rebuffers if your Internet speed isn't high enough.

Your 3.0 mbps DSL may not offer enough headroom to allow for possible fluctuations in your stream. If you are connected wirelessly, there may be some interference there as well. Try a wired connection, if possible, to see if you notice any difference.

There also seems to be a slowdown when Netflix's servers get clogged during peak (primetime) viewing hours. I'm afraid I don't know much about how your Samsung handles Netflix streams to provide any additional insight on that.

Does some of the hd stream that Netflix send take more bandwidth than other titles. "American Choppers" and " Friday Night Lights" season 1 have been pretty much hd (with a few exceptions) while "Lost" and a few other titles have never made it to hd quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts