Netflix movies, other than new originals

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I know they are adding a lot of original programming. But what about movies that aren't Netflix produced?? I don't care for the new original content, (seen some not all) and wish they would stop pulling quality shows like Everybody Loves Raymond and pulling other movies and add decent movies that aren't necessarily produced by Netflix. Plus the price increase??!! That's why I dropped them. I'm sorry that evidently most disagree, but we need a pay service like Netflix (not free Crackle) that has more quality content and doesn't pull them. I am not the first person to hear this, either. That's one reason I have Starz and Encore and on demand. They are getting my business for this very reason. Thanks, Andy

Reactions: reddice
They are the exclusive home for new movies from a Disney ( including Marvel and Lucasfilms ), all new movies from Disney premiering in theaters in 2016 and beyond will be on Netflix instead of on Starz, it only started in Sept. so the only movies on right now are The Finest Hour and Zootopia, the live action Jungle Book will be on in November and Captain America Civil War in December.

As far as pulling content, contracts end with studios, that is how it works with everyone.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: andy_horton
As far as pulling content, contracts end with studios, that is how it works with everyone.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
Plus, Netflix knows how many people watch a certain series/movie. Netflix will drop something if they feel that the viewership level doesn't justify the cost. I have to agree with this policy. Why spend money on something very few watch when that money could be better spent on programming that has a greater demand.

Reactions: Coach Knight
They show "short wait" for Young Frankenstein... Or are you all discussing streaming?

I hardly ever watch movies anymore on Netflix Streaming even though I've also dropped disc rentals. When Netflix lost the Epix contract, they promised to focus on getting better quality movies. Yes, they did give us Spotlight and The Big Short, but those are few and far between and still buried under piles of 1 to 2-star direct-to-video crap.

Every time I read a "What's Leaving/Coming on Netflix this Month" article, it's at least 2 to 1 the amount of content leaving versus coming, and what's leaving is much better than what's coming usually. Netflix Streaming clearly no longer offers the vast library of legacy titles it once did. Like Scott, I've searched for movies with a famous actor (movies that I knew had been offered before), and on more than one occasion found nothing.

I'm hopeful with the Disney contract I'll get to see high-quality newer release movies, but the truth of the matter is I'm still subbing solely for a handful of Netflix originals, which continue to impress. And this coming from someone who has used Netflix streaming services since it debuted in 2007 (except for the first year after they started charging $8/mo.).

I have been taking Netflix DVDs for about 8 years. This year I bought a Roku and increased my internet bill by $60 a month just to be able to stream Netflix. I mostly like to watch TV shows but the occasional movie is also nice. In the 2 months that I streamed, I saw some interesting material. Fortunately, I like British and Canadian shows and offbeat sci-fi if the story is original. However, I never streamed anything with an actor that I knew or a TV show that I was familiar with (except CSI Miami, which is on every rerun channel nowadays).
I finally switched back to DVDs and greatly reduced my internet bill. The selection of DVDs is vastly superior. I know this service's days are limited but I will deal with that when the time comes.

Since I wrote the above post I was recently forced to change back to Netflix streaming. The state of the Postal Service is in shambles, at least where I live. Netflix estimates that it will take one day to get a DVD from Albuquerque to El Paso. It used to average two days and then that became three. Now four days is common if not more. I was paying for a service to have DVDs at home when in fact they are in the mail most of the time.
Fortunately, Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) just increased my "everyday low price internet" plan to just over 3 mb/s which works well for the Netflix SD plan. The first movie I watched since restarting the streaming plan was a time travel movie called "Paradox". Yes, it was low budget and possibly foreign but I found the story entertaining. I am going to have to make an effort to try more of the Netflix original shows. I have resumed watching "Between" and am going to try "Roman Empire".
I like historical sagas, have any members watched "The Crown"?

I love Netflix, and dont even watch Hollywood movies on there. Their stuff like The Siege of Jadotville, and then their originals like the Marvel stuff and Narco's make it money well spent, when you consider what HBO costs.

Reactions: KAB
I know they are adding a lot of original programming. But what about movies that aren't Netflix produced?? I don't care for the new original content, (seen some not all) and wish they would stop pulling quality shows like Everybody Loves Raymond and pulling other movies and add decent movies that aren't necessarily produced by Netflix. Plus the price increase??!! That's why I dropped them. I'm sorry that evidently most disagree, but we need a pay service like Netflix (not free Crackle) that has more quality content and doesn't pull them. I am not the first person to hear this, either. That's one reason I have Starz and Encore and on demand. They are getting my business for this very reason. Thanks, Andy
I agree. Netflix sucks now so bad. I use to watch them at least 6 hours a day but after removing almost everything I use to love about the service with classic TV and keep pushing crappy originals 90% I have no interest in I now watch the service a couple of hours a week really. I will most likely drop them early next year when they remove much more content in the new year as they always do. Also I am watching Hulu more now though I would have never said that now that they have all 10 seasons of Smallville.