Netflix not dead yet

The main Mike Hess production facility happens to be a few blocks from my house. :D

While I'm quite familiar with their Solis Dynamic IPA, I honestly don't even know if I use a dynamic IP. When I turn my streaming devices on, they work; that's all I care about. It's whatever my router settings were when it came out of the box and I plugged it in.
In Most cases, if you didn't specifically ask for Statics, your using Dynamic.
The Modem/routers we use are Dynamic by default ...

Reactions: comfortably_numb
In Most cases, if you didn't specifically ask for Statics, your using Dynamic.
The Modem/routers we use are Dynamic by default ...

In my case, I'm using a Visible SIM in an iPhone SE with unlimited hotspot ($25/month) to power my entire network- I tether it to my PC via USB, then bridge the connection to an ethernet port which connects to a Netgear wireless router. This means I have a different IP every few days, and they can be from anywhere in the country. This drives MLB.tv (and me) up a wall since they DO require you to have what they consider to be a land-based IP in order to stream inside the home to a Roku. This is why I don't see Netflix doing the same thing- it would tick too many people off.

Last edited:
In my case, I'm using a Visible SIM in an iPhone SE with unlimited hotspot ($25/month) to power my entire network- I tether it to my PC via USB, then bridge the connection to an ethernet port which connects to a Netgear wireless router. This means I have a different IP every few days, and they can be from anywhere in the country. This drives MLB.tv (and me) up a wall since they DO require you to have what they consider to be a land-based IP in order to stream inside the home to a Roku. This is why I don't see Netflix doing the same thing- it would tick too many people off.
How much data do they actually allow you at a useable speed with that method ?

How much data do they actually allow you at a useable speed with that method ?

Currently I use between 100-200 gigs a month-

A2C05CE1-F29E-4C87-9BC0-4B5D7FF37A93.jpeg

I was a foreman for the company that did all the framing on the residential portion of
the "Uptown District" some 30 yrs ago. That area has sure changed since I left SD in '91.
You should see how much North Park has changed in just the last 5-10 years since the 30th Street corridor became a major center for the craft beer industry, with dozens of brewers and brewery pubs all within walking distance of one another. It's impossible to find parking anymore most evenings—well at least it was a before March 15.

You should see how much North Park has changed in just the last 5-10 years since the 30th Street corridor became a major center for the craft beer industry, with dozens of brewers and brewery pubs all within walking distance of one another. It's impossible to find parking anymore most evenings—well at least it was a before March 15.

I visit 2 or 3 times a year now and have stopped at a few of them. On those occasions, thanks to Uber and Lyft, the lack of parking was removed from the equation.

For paid services we're exclusively Netflix & Disney+ right now. No college football would extend that.

As far as roaming IPs, I know a ton of ppl who watch Netflix in the hotel for work trips (packing Fire & Roku devices). We do it when traveling to "the grandparents" for my kids to watch their shows (using their Apple TV).

PS Vue (RIP) would allow you to log in from any mobile device on the move, but would give you a hard time if using a "home device" (Roku for example) outside of your normal home IP.

Nice to be back BTW :cool: been a bit

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)