Netflix not dead yet

Do you have any real source for this info to present it as fact in this way?

I can appreciate a heads up for a possibility, but that has been a rumor for as long as password sharing has been going on, which is basically whenever they launched.

Nope, you pay for 4 streams in the same home, if you don’t believe me go to your account, click on Recent device streaming activity, it will show what device and the IP address that watched Netflix with dates and times, on mine it showed SMART TV, ROKU, IPAD and Web Browser.

This is what it showed for my Step Father when I set it up

Roku
Michigan (US) - **.**.***.**
Last Used: 12/6/19, 4:58:51 PM GMT-5

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I don't see anything in the terms of use that specifically addresses the account sharing or any per-account limits other than the number of simultaneous streams limit. If they have a policy about this, I cannot find it. If you are aware of one, please share the link for the benefit of all of us.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

From the Yahoo article you posted, the Netflix CEO says they might require password changes or text codes. So what? That doesn't impede family members sharing who are in the same home.

A quote from Netflix co-founder and first CEO from the same article:

“You know we travel, we have family who’s living in different places and so the problem — the very beginning was like this, you don’t want to put in place barriers that impede people who are trying to do the right thing,” he said. “Again, I don’t know what the policy is specifically, but I’m not worried. Well, I pay for all of my accounts.”

More of the same rumors really. Nothing that says they will do any such thing, or that they even could on any type of effective level.

I don't see anything in the terms of use that specifically addresses the account sharing or any per-account limits other than the number of simultaneous streams limit. If they have a policy about this, I cannot find it. If you are aware of one, please share the link for the benefit of all of us.

From the help page-

4.2. The Netflix service and any content viewed through our service are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household.

Reactions: malt
Netflix builds account sharing into its pricing structure, much to my chagrin. I hate that I have to pay $12.99/mo to get HD quality when all I need is one stream. It will be even worse if I make the jump to 4K. The $8.99/mo. single stream account level is SD only.

Charging extra for HD nowadays would be like charging extra for a color TV picture in the 1980s. Of Netflix's major competitors (Amazon, Disney, Hulu, Apple, etc.), no one else even charges extra for 4K. And major online movie rental services like Vudu now charge the same for SD, HD, or 4K.

Netflix basically conceded they can't stop account sharing, so everyone has to pay for it.

From the help page-

4.2. The Netflix service and any content viewed through our service are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household.

You still have not addressed the question of people inside the household who have multiple IP's and how they would be able (or even want) to restrict that.

You still have not addressed the question of people inside the household who have multiple IP's and how they would be able (or even want) to restrict that.

That is something that Netflix would have to work out, I was trying to give you a heads up that a friend told me that works for them.

This thread has taken a weird turn, almost like people are justifying password sharing.

If I had Dish and I had 2 boxes ( say 722s) and I took one to my parents, put up my own Dish there but only paid for one account, is that not stealing and the same as password sharing.

And while if they back bill and you refuse to pay, this is always something they can put on your credit report which can cost you in different ways.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
Who these days doesn't have a Dynamic IPA?! I remember when you had to pay for one and most of us had Static. Now Statics are a pay for money maker for the ISPs.

Reactions: navychop
That is something that Netflix would have to work out, I was trying to give you a heads up that a friend told me that works for them.

This thread has taken a weird turn, almost like people are justifying password sharing.

If I had Dish and I had 2 boxes ( say 722s) and I took one to my parents, put up my own Dish there but only paid for one account, is that not stealing and the same as password sharing.

And while if they back bill and you refuse to pay, this is always something they can put on your credit report which can cost you in different ways.
That is NO WAY the same as sharing your password.

People have shared passwords for streaming since day 1.

That is NO WAY the same as sharing your password.

People have shared passwords for streaming since day 1.
I actually can see it as being comparatively the same, with one major difference. Netflix ceo has said in the past that he loves password sharing and sees it as free advertising. Dish to my knowledge has never really turned a blind eye to this, nor has Directv.

So one has been sold knowing it would happen and said they love it. The other two actively tried to prevent it for as long as I can remember.

That said, if Netflix changes their tune and tries to actively prevent it, I can understand that.

If they try to backcharge with the CEOs past statements on the subject however, not only will they lose a ton of subscribers, I can see a lawsuit that they likely won’t win.

Personally I think the stream limits is about as good as they can hope for. Sell by the number of active streams and let them be used wherever they happen to be used.

Attachments

• Solis_DynamicIPA_MikeHess_BeerCan.png
    Solis_DynamicIPA_MikeHess_BeerCan.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 124

And do they define household? If they said service address, that would be different, but really hard to do on something that is used on mobile devices.

I agree. I've got a few of these Dynamic IPAs.
The main Mike Hess production facility happens to be a few blocks from my house. :D

While I'm quite familiar with their Solis Dynamic IPA, I honestly don't even know if I use a dynamic IP. When I turn my streaming devices on, they work; that's all I care about. It's whatever my router settings were when it came out of the box and I plugged it in.

Reactions: Ziptied
The main Mike Hess production facility happens to be a few blocks from my house. :D

While I'm quite familiar with their Solis Dynamic IPA, I honestly don't even know if I use a dynamic IP. When I turn my streaming devices on, they work; that's all I care about. It's whatever my router settings were when it came out of the box and I plugged it in.

Miramar or North Park?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts