Netflix on Hopper 3 or Roku?

JAF

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
Just signed up for Netflix yesterday. I setup it up and watched two movies using the Hopper 3 app. Everything seemed to work just fine. For those that have used both the Hopper Netflix app and the Roku Netflix app, any differences between the two? Video/audio quality? Speed? etc. I would guess that the Roku app would get more support but wanted feedback for those that have tried both. I have both the Hopper 3 and Roku 3 feed into my AVR then into the TV.

Thanks!

Just signed up for Netflix yesterday. I setup it up and watched two movies using the Hopper 3 app. Everything seemed to work just fine. For those that have used both the Hopper Netflix app and the Roku Netflix app, any differences between the two? Video/audio quality? Speed? etc. I would guess that the Roku app would get more support but wanted feedback for those that have tried both. I have both the Hopper 3 and Roku 3 feed into my AVR then into the TV.

Thanks!

I never got DD 5.1 to work on the Hopper so I stick with Roku for Netflix.

Reactions: joegr
My wife used the Hopper3/Joeys for Netflix, just for ease of use. I use the Roku because I am an obsessive compulsive jerk (my words, not hers). ;)

because I am an obsessive compulsive jerk (my words, not hers). ;)

her version was too rough to post, huh?
lol.gif

3840x2160 for television...

4K resolution - Wikipedia

The reason why I am curious... I have a 4K Roku, but my TV is a 50" 1080p. I plan to get a 70" 4K UHD TV in a couple months.

Anyway, I notice Netflix on the 4K Roku looks much better than on the Wally. Is there an advantage to the higher bitrate Netflix feed fed by this 4K Roku, even though I can't enjoy the HDR a 4K TV would give me?

Reactions: charlesrshell
The reason why I am curious... I have a 4K Roku, but my TV is a 50" 1080p. I plan to get a 70" 4K UHD TV in a couple months.

Anyway, I notice Netflix on the 4K Roku looks much better than on the Wally. Is there an advantage to the higher bitrate Netflix feed fed by this 4K Roku, even though I can't enjoy the HDR a 4K TV would give me?
The reason for the difference between the Roku and the Wally is that the Roku is giving you 1080p while the Wally is giving you 1080i.

My wife uses channel 370. Much easier for the techno challenged. When we watch it in the LR we use our Apple TV 4K.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)