Netflix own satellite one day?

wish netflix would go out of business. Im really pist at them for running all the regular video stores out of business around here.
Survival of the fittest. If the local video stores can’t compete oh well, screw ‘em, their fault for not being innovative and keeping up. I had Netflix when it first came out and loved it. I canceled it in favor of the movie channels, but I may resubscribed one day for their online streaming. Netflix and Redbox are where it’s at. Blockbuster should just go away too. They suck. Nothing more convenient then getting movies mailed to you or being able to stream them directly to your TV. I haven’t been in a video store in probably 10 years now.

Survival of the fittest. If the local video stores can’t compete oh well, screw ‘em, their fault for not being innovative and keeping up. I had Netflix when it first came out and loved it. I canceled it in favor of the movie channels, but I may resubscribed one day for their online streaming. Netflix and Redbox are where it’s at. Blockbuster should just go away too. They suck. Nothing more convenient then getting movies mailed to you or being able to stream them directly to your TV. I haven’t been in a video store in probably 10 years now.

X2
Netflix didn't kill these companies. They didn't need any help! Blockbuster and Hollywood had multi-year distribution contracts with the major studios, but they blew the opportunity and did not change to meet the demands of the market. PPV on cable and satellite had been eroding the brick and mortar store fronts for 15 years, yet they just dug in and did not change their business model.

Why would I spend 30 minutes to an hour going to a store that usually didn't have adequate inventory then have to make a return trip so I wouldn't get charged for additional days! I am saving time and money and have a subscription to Netflix with 4 or 5 monthly DVD mailers and a few on demand orders from Amazon. :D

IMO.... Netflix would be strangled by the bandwidth limitations of satellite with the current model of providing on demand services. Now if they loaded your DVR with popular titles instead of shipping DVDs then it might make sense.....

Last edited:
We had Netflix for over a year now and it lost connection maybe 5 times total. That is not bad for someone is usually watching something everyday on it! Another great thing is that there is never a "buffering" message showing up like streaming video on a computer.

I'm assuming that you meant that it never re-buffers during a movie. My new player does some buffering at the beginning of the movie but I haven't seen it happen during a movie so far.

I'm assuming that you meant that it never re-buffers during a movie. My new player does some buffering at the beginning of the movie but I haven't seen it happen during a movie so far.

It takes about 20 seconds for the movie to start after selecting it. I had problems with my router cutting out, internet going astray and once or twice the movie just quit and could not reconnect to Netflix until later. Never ever seen rebuffering during a movie!

I went the old fashioned way when I hooked up my bluray for Netflix and used a cat 5 cable instead of wifi. Seems very reliable!

Last edited:
It takes about 20 seconds for the movie to start after selecting it. I had problems with my router cutting out, internet going astray and once or twice the movie just quit and could not reconnect to Netflix until later. Never ever seen rebuffering during a movie!

I went the old fashioned way when I hooked up my bluray for Netflix and used a cat 5 cable instead of wifi. Seems very reliable!

For the foreseeable future too me; wi-fi will have no place in the home theater (it for those who want to shortcut); its CAT6a and gigabit for me. Too cheap and easy to do DIY hidden runs and even wall fish when needed.

Never ever seen rebuffering during a movie!

I've had good luck with 2 movies but today I'm getting a LOT of buffering going on with StarGate Universe. It's very annoying. Speed tests show I'm still getting 9.8 Mb d/l so I don't know what's going on.

I've had good luck with 2 movies but today I'm getting a LOT of buffering going on with StarGate Universe. It's very annoying. Speed tests show I'm still getting 9.8 Mb d/l so I don't know what's going on.

Is your ISP playing data priority games with streaming services?

Other than the initial 10sec buffer / loading, I have never had a buffer occur during a show on ATT DSL with 6.5 Mb d/l.

Sounds like the end of Netflix if Apple gets it's hands on it. I knew $8.75 a month for unlimited streaming movies was too good to be true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)