Netflix Prices Going Up

Glad to see T-Mobile not passing the increase along to customers. As some one who has no use or interest in Netflix, I don't want my cell phone bill to increase because of something that shouldn't even be included to begin with.

Yeah. I am not a fan of "bundling" aka "lock-in."

I wouldn't care much personally but prior to T-Mobile's 'Netfilx on Us' campaign, two lines of unlimited everything were $100/month and the One Plus add on was $5 extra.

After two lines went to $120 and One Plus went to $10 that's when Netflix on Us was added. I understand things increase in price, I am all for businesses making money, but just increase my bill $5 or $10 and skip the value added crap. I feel like I am paying $25/month extra to have Netflix included 'at no additional change'.

Reactions: ncted
I wouldn't care much personally but prior to T-Mobile's 'Netfilx on Us' campaign, two lines of unlimited everything were $100/month and the One Plus add on was $5 extra.

After two lines went to $120 and One Plus went to $10 that's when Netflix on Us was added. I understand things increase in price, I am all for businesses making money, but just increase my bill $5 or $10 and skip the value added crap. I feel like I am paying $25/month extra to have Netflix included 'at no additional change'.

They've got to subsidize the freebie somehow

Most people just think "OMG Tmobile is giving Netflix away FREE!!!" When in reality you're all paying for it. Same with the "taxes included" thing. It's a way to make (less informed consumers) think they're getting some kind of awesome deal.

Amazon needs to do a better job of streaming, also. I've been trying to watch SG-1 episode 17 on Amazon and it's all messed up. Jerky video, audio out of sync - both on my Roku Ultra and on the PC. Speed tests show I have a 300 Mb connection. Heh, the Netflix stream I watched just before it was OK. Anyway, there was a problem with Atlantis on Amazon, also, where the episodes were out of order. I guess we can't get what we paid for. Not only that, it's a real pain trying contact Amazon to report an issue.

it's a real pain trying contact Amazon to report an issue.

What??? Your streaming not working?? I can't help you, please hang up :D

5ab593c3b20f8.image.jpg

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I almost never have a problem with Amazon streaming. I checked out that SG-1 episode you mentioned, and didn't see any of the issues you described. If you want to let them know there is an issue, there are links all over their site to send them feedback.

Reactions: TheKrell
I almost never have a problem with Amazon streaming.
When I've had issues, they've usually been a result of my streaming device getting wadded up. Unless these services have figured out how to poison their streams. I don't think it is the service's fault.

When I've had issues, they've usually been a result of my streaming device getting wadded up. Unless these services have figured out how to poison their streams. I don't think it is the service's fault.

It isn't my fault either. Netflix streaming is just fine and I watched other Amazon SG-1 episodes that same day with no problem with those. So far, only that one episode was messed up. I checked several times yesterday and it was still messed up throughout the day. Maybe I'll try to watch it later today and see what happens.

I almost never have a problem with Amazon streaming. I checked out that SG-1 episode you mentioned, and didn't see any of the issues you described. If you want to let them know there is an issue, there are links all over their site to send them feedback.

There may be a link somewhere but they don't make it easy to find.

It isn't my fault either. Netflix streaming is just fine and I watched other Amazon SG-1 episodes that same day with no problem with those. So far, only that one episode was messed up. I checked several times yesterday and it was still messed up throughout the day. Maybe I'll try to watch it later today and see what happens.

Checked again this afternoon, same problem. Anyone wanting to check, watch the beginning where the Asgard ship is destroyed in the SG-1 episode titled "Disclosure" .

I'm still on that T-mobile plan of 2 phones for $100 and when they had a promo to add two lines for free I took advantage of it. I now pay $100 for 4 lines with unlimited everything. Oh...plus taxes. Comes to $116 a month. Can't beat that.

I'm still on that T-mobile plan of 2 phones for $100 and when they had a promo to add two lines for free I took advantage of it. I now pay $100 for 4 lines with unlimited everything. Oh...plus taxes. Comes to $116 a month. Can't beat that.

You must have the old plan that doesn't have Netflix. Also it doesn't matter how cheap the plan is if you can't get a signal. VZW rules my region.

Anyone wanting to check, watch the beginning where the Asgard ship is destroyed in the SG-1 episode titled "Disclosure".
Disclosing a season, episode number and how many minutes and seconds (season 6, episode 17 at about 6:22 in) is useful if you want quick answers.

I can confirm that there is a problem.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)