Netflix stopping Password Sharing is a another big gain for 3rd quarter

What are you saying here ?
All college football is going Streaming in 2025 ????
When did THAT info come out ?
ESPN is planning late 2024, early 2025 to go streaming, have heard they plan on having the contract issues with who handles the College Football Playoffs negotiations.done by then for streaming rights.

Also, when they expand them (College Playoffs), they might want to spread them around outher services, want to do a NFL model to maximize the money, for example one year the Championship Game will be on ESPN, the next year, Amazon?, etc.

The Playoff (Bowl) Games will be on different services/Channels also, much like how it used to be.

Have heard both Amazon and Google are sniffing around on that, along with ESPN.

Since we are on the subject, NBA really wants $6 Billion with the next rights deal, that is double what they get now from Warner and ESPN/ABC, both are balking at the increase, rumor is Apple really wants it, I wonder, everytime a big deal is about to come up, Apple is always mentioned.

Fox Sports is also trying to do something by the 2025 Season, because by then, they will have lost another 15 Million per sub fees from Live TV Providers.
College Football will still be on the OTA as well as any other channels as well as possibly streaming by then.
Except for the exclusive streaming only games, which we have had already this year, for example, the first Michigan game was Peacock only.

Anyways, by 2025, if everything works out, the plan is have all the OTA and Canle Channels Games streaming also, but the exclusive streaming games will not be on OTA or Cable Channels.

I don't think so ....
I'm gonna say D* is Not going to raise prices in Jan/Feb this time, seeing they just raised them this/last month.
Comcast and Charter both do it twice a year ( and have been for two years now, every six months), there is no reason why DirecTV will not do the same.

Not January, maybe April/November, exactly 6 months apart and six months from next month.

Since AT&T wants to be rid of it next year, might want to maximize income coming in, to look more attractive to a potential buyer.

ESPN is planning late 2024, early 2025 to go streaming, have heard they plan on having the contract issues with who handles the College Football Playoffs negotiations.done by then for streaming rights.

Also, when they expand them (College Playoffs), they might want to spread them around outher services, want to do a NFL model to maximize the money, for example one year the Championship Game will be on ESPN, the next year, Amazon?, etc.

The Playoff (Bowl) Games will be on different services/Channels also, much like how it used to be.

Have heard both Amazon and Google are sniffing around on that, along with ESPN.

Since we are on the subject, NBA really wants $6 Billion with the next rights deal, that is double what they get now from Warner and ESPN/ABC, both are balking at the increase, rumor is Apple really wants it, I wonder, everytime a big deal is about to come up, Apple is always mentioned.

Fox Sports is also trying to do something by the 2025 Season, because by then, they will have lost another 15 Million per sub fees from Live TV Providers.

Except for the exclusive streaming only games, which we have had already this year, for example, the first Michigan game was Peacock only.

Anyways, by 2025, if everything works out, the plan is have all the OTA and Canle Channels Games streaming also, but the exclusive streaming games will not be on OTA or Cable Channels.
Oh, your talking the Playoffs ... thats more practical.

I don't think you'll see all that many Streaming Only games ....

You mention that Michigan first game was Streaming only, however that 1 game is the Only game it will be Streaming Only.
Which I think May be the norm for awhile ... 1 game a year for the Big Boys ....
Fwiw, I think I heard that Purdue has had 3-4 game on Streaming so far ... they can get away with that for the lower level teams I guess.

When the OSU / Mich game is on Streaming Only, there will be so much back lash that they will decide Not to do it ....

Comcast and Charter both do it twice a year ( and have been for two years now, every six months), there is no reason why DirecTV will not do the same.

Not January, maybe April/November, exactly 6 months apart and six months from next month.

Since AT&T wants to be rid of it next year, might want to maximize income coming in, to look more attractive to a potential buyer.
Thats a sure way to piss off all your subs, regardless of provider ....

D* IF they do go twice a year it will be because Others have and Gotten away with it.

Thats a sure way to piss off all your subs, regardless of provider ....
Might be one of the reasons Comcast is now losing 500,000-600,000 subs every quarter.
D* IF they do go twice a year it will be because Others have and Gotten away with it.
Since it was revealed that DirecTV’s profits were down another $800 Million in the first 6 Months this year and that they want to sell, they need someone that wants and can afford them, Dish wants but cannot afford.

So, they have to made Profits seem better, to create more wants to buy.

Reactions: MikeD-C05