Netflix streaming

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I'm disappointed in what's available in streaming. A lot of new releases are DVD/BD only. Actually, a lot of older stuff is DVD/BD only. Why? Anyway, I'm considering getting a DVD/BD sub added to my account. Netflix says 2 at a time is the best deal but I wonder what subscribers think is the best deal?

Nothing's cheap.

These are just some of the newer Movies that Netflix has first Pay TV rights to this year

I keep reading, sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere that there is not enough new movies for Netflix's streaming service, here is a little list of newer movies premiering on Netflix this year-

Some of these are already on Netflix, also these are all movies that was released to theaters in 2013 and early 2014, I am doing it that way to fit into the Pay TV window, usually about 7-12 months after leaving the theater.

SONY PICTURES ANIMATION

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Smurfs 2

OPEN ROADS FILMS

A Haunted House
Side Effects
The Host
Jobs
Machete Kills
Homefront
Justin Bieber's Believe
The Nut Job
Sabotage
A Haunted House 2

FILM DISTRICT

Olympus Has Fallen
Insidious Chapter 2
Parker
Dead Man Down
Oldboy (2013)

RELATIVITY MEDIA

Safe Haven
Free Birds
The Family (2013)
21 and Over
Don Jon
Out of the Furnace
Movie 43
Paranoia
Romeo and Juliet (2013)
3 Days to Kill
Oculus
Brick Mansions

PARAMOUNT

Star Trek Into Darkness
World War Z
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Pain and Gain
The Wolf of Wall Street
Jack Reacher
The Guilt Trip
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
Labor Day
Nebraska

MGM

Carrie

LIONSGATE

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Red 2
Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas
Instructions Not Included
Texas Chainsaw 3D
Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain
Escape Plan
The Big Wedding
You're Next
I, Frankenstein
The Legend of Hercules

DREAMWORKS ANIMATION

The Croods
Turbo

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Stuff costs money. HBO doesn't have the latest blu-ray releases. You think $10 a month is going to get you unlimited streaming of everything out there?

Personally, while Netflix has reduced its streaming catalog, I still find plenty to watch. Is the model perfect? No, but I pay 7.99 a month and I get value from it. It's not like HBO, Showtime or the other movie services and it's not supposed to be. It is a supplement to my other services I receive.

Reactions: stardust3
I have both Netflix and Amazon Prime (more for shipping). Some times I can't find anything I want to watch on either. However, since I am about to get rid of HBO for a while, I'll still be able to watch older shows on Amazon that I intend to watch for the first time, ie, The Wire.

Our Amazon streaming is better than Netflix as far as video quality is concerned so we have been going to Amazon first and watching things there. I don't like the way Hulu is set up... navigation is horrible... so we go to it as a last resort. We have been watching tv series that we didn't watch when they were on and some movies.

I signed up for Hulu+ and haven't watched one thing on it. My loss! Every time I try to see something I get switched to a message that says I must have service from one of the other providers and none of them except Comcast is available in this area. I think I have to drop Hulu+

If you don't use the shipping advantage on Amazon Prime, I don't see the streaming free programs worth the money. So far when I needed to use Amazon streaming, they were at $ cost.

Netflix is great for the kids when they come over. I like it as my backup. If I had one additional pay service, Netflix would be the choice. Best bang for the buck. Amazon on most programs here is same PQ as Netflix. For PQ Vudu, Netflix and Amazon and Sony are all equal image quality that I can see.

I'd rather watch bluray than stream but everything has become too expensive. But, I recently subscribed to Netflix bluray rentals for awhile. I've already got one bad disk. When I had Netflix DVD rentals in the past I was getting a lot of bad disks.

I haven't been streaming Netflix for a while. I mostly stream TV shows and Amazon Prime has a lot more TV shows than Netflix. I have been catching up all the older premium channel shows like Rome and True Blood on Amazon. Amazon Prime also got a lot more Reality TV shows than Netflix. At this point I am thinking either cancel Netflix streaming or switch it to Netflix DVD.. that way I could at least watch some newer movies.

I'd rather watch bluray than stream but everything has become too expensive.

You nailed it right there. It is expensive. Look at PPV prices from Dish, Amazon, iTunes, etc... and see how far the $7.99 per month we pay Netflix will get you.

The number one complaint I hear from friends and family when they try Netflix streaming is that they don't have new releases. There are plenty of on demand choices for new releases but the problem is that you wouldn't even be able to rent two of them per month for the same price as Netflix. How is Netflix supposed to offer unlimited streaming of everything that comes out on day one for less than the cost of renting two new release movies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts