Netflix sues Blockbuster Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday 5th April, 2006 (UPI)

Online DVD rental firm Netflix got a patent for its business model Tuesday and promptly filed a patent infringement suit against its main rival.

Netflix accuses Blockbuster of stealing both its technology and the idea of a DVD-by-mail rental service to launch its Blockbuster Online product, the Hollywood Reporter said Wednesday.

The company intends to ask a federal jury to close down Blockbuster Online and force it to pay royalties and damages to Netflix.

Interesting:

I wonder if car rental companies can do the same: "Hey man!! I was here first!!" I invented the car rental business says Hearst to Avis rental car and the rest of the car rental companies.

What about the customer??:mad:

That's dumb! I wonder if they're gonna sue all the other online video rentals also?? And if they're the only one doing online rental that will indeed be bad for customers as there'll be no competition!

Bulldog said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday 5th April, 2006 (UPI)

Online DVD rental firm Netflix got a patent for its business model Tuesday and promptly filed a patent infringement suit against its main rival.

Netflix accuses Blockbuster of stealing both its technology and the idea of a DVD-by-mail rental service to launch its Blockbuster Online product, the Hollywood Reporter said Wednesday.

The company intends to ask a federal jury to close down Blockbuster Online and force it to pay royalties and damages to Netflix.

Interesting:

I wonder if car rental companies can do the same: "Hey man!! I was here first!!" I invented the car rental business says Hearst to Avis rental car and the rest of the car rental companies.

What about the customer??:mad:

netflix has been pissing me off with the way they try to slowdown my movies. they ship from out of state for me because of the amount of movies i watch. i used to be able to get nine a week until they started slowing my stuff down.

same here! Unless I had an empty slot on monday evening I won't get any new releases. they automaticaly become "very long wait" (in some cases it was weeks, until I finally gave up and bought the movie!)! WTF! Now, I switched to blockbuster and it seems they're doing the same now! I guess in the end they all suck. why dont they just buy more movies for the new releases???

korsjs said:
netflix has been pissing me off with the way they try to slowdown my movies. they ship from out of state for me because of the amount of movies i watch. i used to be able to get nine a week until they started slowing my stuff down.

I never have a problem with Netflix. Mail it out today, it gets to Denver tomorrow, I get the next in queue the day after that. Can't ask for more.

Scott should get a patent and suit the other forums :D Netfilx selling on the internet was not invented by you --- idiots.

I'm not so sure that patenting an "idea" is even an enforcable patent. I thought patents had to be an actual physical item like velcro, formula for coca cola, etc. Then you have the issue of what's good for the public. What if someone came along and patented air or water.

Too bad "Playboy Magazine" didn't put in a patent, can you imagine all the other "birthday suit" magazines would be force to pay royalties and damages to Playboy:D :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)