Netflix to Spend 15% of Licensing Budget on Original Series Will That Make Up for Lost Viacom, Othe

Well, the Netflix results seem to be mixed. House of cards was excellent. However, the add on season of Arrested Development has been disappointing at best (not completely through it yet)

Hemlock Grove,while definitely not great,is pretty decent for a netflix original series.I hope they continue to roll them out.

According to the original story, Netflix is replacing Viacom content with Disney content (i.e. they chose to go with another vendor). While, I don't really like Disney as a company, it's content, IMO, is better than most of the stuff Viacom peddles. If someone really wants that Nickelodeon content, Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus has a lot of it. And for me, even Netflix's lower quality original programming is highly watchable and is a great replacement for most of the grade b movies they dropped last month.

What upsets me is the drive on the IPTV vendors like netflix is to get exclusive content. I would prefer that the consumer has a choice on content providers. It will soon turn into cable over the internet when you have to get netflix for some, amazon for others, and hulu again for some others.

What upsets me is the drive on the IPTV vendors like netflix is to get exclusive content. I would prefer that the consumer has a choice on content providers. It will soon turn into cable over the internet when you have to get netflix for some, amazon for others, and hulu again for some others.
You do have a choice. I look at the iptv providers as channels you can buy al a carte. You can't watch Game Of Thrones on Starz, why would you expect to watch Netflix produced content on Amazon prime?

You do have a choice. I look at the iptv providers as channels you can buy al a carte. You can't watch Game Of Thrones on Starz, why would you expect to watch Netflix produced content on Amazon prime?

Netflix produced content on Netfix is fine. What I am talking about is studio content that they are all trying to lock up exclusives with. If you want Disney you have to go to say netflix, Viacom you have to go with Amazon, etc.

Netflix produced content on Netfix is fine. What I am talking about is studio content that they are all trying to lock up exclusives with. If you want Disney you have to go to say netflix, Viacom you have to go with Amazon, etc.

Yep,seems we have seen this before,with cable and sat providers.Although,it's with packages,but still,kind of the same deal.

Yep,seems we have seen this before,with cable and sat providers.Although,it's with packages,but still,kind of the same deal.

It's always been like this though. Way back in the syndication days, only one station in a market would be able to buy a show. No different than it is now with the various iptv providers.

Since I sub to both Netflix and Amazon Prime, I really don't have a problem with Viacom on one and Disney on the other. To be honest, Viacom produces mostly crap (IMO anyway). My family and I feel that we get a lot of value for $14.59 per month. If we did cut the cord, then we could easily afford another provider or two (like Hulu Plus or Spiritclips).

Subbing to both amazon prime & Netflix is still cheaper than the welcome pack with dish.

That kind of blows me away thinking about that. Especially since there is no real comparison other than price.

Subbing to both amazon prime & Netflix is still cheaper than the welcome pack with dish.

That kind of blows me away thinking about that. Especially since there is no real comparison other than price.
Add Hulu Plus and I would be paying $22.58 per month, slightly more than the Welcome Package. As long as you have good internet, a Roku player offers you a lot of entertainment for the money.

If aereo ever takes off nationwide,roku would be a full featured alternative to sat/cable.

purchased roku 2 weeks ago and love Netflix and amazon. I have direct and my 2 year is up on the 20th and cutting the cord and going with twc for basic local package for 20 per month.tired of paying high sat. bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)