Netflix will soon stream to Xbox without Gold requirement, says report

Well.. the idea that Nintendo has online gaming is debatable at this point.. ;p

Haha true. If they tried to charge for online gaming very few people would even notice. The fact that they still don't have online infrastructure as good as what Xbox Live launched with on the original Xbox in 2002 is ridiculous. They still don't get it. It's a bit ironic that the company that made motion controls a thing still thinks that online gaming is a fad.

Also, I don't own a Wii U but they really need to get with the cross buy trend for virtual console games too. If you buy a 20 year old game on your 3DS you shouldn't have to buy it again to play it on your Wii U. I think downloadable games are still tied to the system instead of your account too. I prefer my games in downloadable form on the Vita but buying the carts makes more sense on the 3DS. I'm pretty sure that if my 3DS was lost or stolen I would have no way to download my games again on a replacement 3DS. These are all simple fixes that the other systems have had down for years.

Well.. the idea that Nintendo has online gaming is debatable at this point.. ;p

Ya, and you know what you get for free? Servers and matchmaking that are beholden to someone else. Nintendo made the cheap but poor decision to go with Gamespy for the Wii and DS. They are shutting off the servers at the end of the month. Which is why all the Wii and DS based online games went or are going offline if they haven't already.

Ya, and you know what you get for free? Servers and matchmaking that are beholden to someone else. Nintendo made the cheap but poor decision to go with Gamespy for the Wii and DS. They are shutting off the servers at the end of the month. Which is why all the Wii and DS based online games went or are going offline if they haven't already.
That's not entirely true. For one, it's not like going with Gamespy is a "cheap" decision. Gamespy had been around for years and had a solid infrastructure. Many companies used Gamespy. Those that didn't mainly did so because they wanted to exercise more control over their multiplayer system. The shutting down of the Nintendo WiFi online system can't just be attributed to Gamespy shutting down. Many companies migrated their multiplayer systems off of GS so that they could continue. Nintendo never bothered to embrace online gaming the same way Microsoft and Sony did, and even today they're still far behind. As such, online multiplayer wasn't used much, and knowing that, Nintendo could have kept the online going (in theory) if they wanted to. Instead, they're just letting nature take it's course and letting it die. Looking at the list of affected games shows just how little Nintendo and it's developers embraced online gaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)