Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM

Are the feeds for WVXF (CBS) and WSJX (FOX) coming from the mainland east coast somewhere? New York or Miami perhaps? Thanks.

I don't know....?
But, I think they are probably uplinked from the N.Y.C. area...?
Not that I watch any of them much...but, I know I've seen the local WABC news on @ 11pm, a time or two. Also either WCBS or WNBC (maybe both)....
I really don't know though...
just guessing?

I don't know....?
But, I think they are probably uplinked from the N.Y.C. area...?
Not that I watch any of them much...but, I know I've seen the local WABC news on @ 11pm, a time or two. Also either WCBS or WNBC (maybe both)....
I really don't know though...
just guessing?

I'm thinking N.Y.C. too. I think I read that somewhere but my searches weren't turning up anything.

The stations are partially feeds of the NY stations...

NBC & ABC have the NY News on there and all have the National News. CBS doesnt have any nerws outside of the Nat'l news

I just started watching them on Monday. (Finally got my 10' Unimesh pointed at 99W).

I've seen brief screens where they show 'NPR' (National Public Radio) and the call sign of an FM radio station.

It's nice to be able watch prime time nets 3 hours early (I'm in California). My next door neighbor wants me to run a line under the fence so he can get them too. Problem is, however, that I've got a new positioner and actuator on order from Sadoun, so I dont plan to leave it parked on 99W just for him.

Question: Does anyone here know if the networks on 99W will require an HD receiver after Feb 17th?

Question: Does anyone here know if the networks on 99W will require an HD receiver after Feb 17th?
Feb. 17 is the cut-off day for OTA (over the air) analog Broadcast TV channels. That has nothing to do with what you get from the satellites.
You only need an HD receiver for the HD feeds (channels) available or if you don't have an HDTV set yet, the HD receiver will down-convert the HD signal to your old analog tv, or an HD receiver will process AC3 audio and play straight into your tv without having to have an AC3 decoder as needed with regular DVB-s receivers, that only pass-through an AC3 audio signal (also some of those won't even do that).

My next door neighbor wants me to run a line under the fence so he can get them too. Problem is, however, that I've got a new positioner and actuator on order from Sadoun, so I dont plan to leave it parked on 99W just for him.

Sounds like it is time to turn that neighbor in to a SatelliteGuy.A 6ft dish parked on 99W whould be a good starter system for him.

Don't know, but you might be confusing HD with digital tv.
I know that Feb 17th is officially the transition from analog to digital. But I'm wondering if the broadcasters will simultaneously dump 480i Standard Definition and switch to all HD?

Sounds like it is time to turn that neighbor in to a SatelliteGuy.A 6ft dish parked on 99W whould be a good starter system for him.
Yeah, the nets on 99W come in really stong, so a 6ft should be more than adequate. But I don't think he's willing to spend the $$$ for a dish, LNB, and receiver. I guess it depends on how much he wants east coast nets. Or maybe I'll find him another BUD somewhere that someone is giving away.

The other thing is if he invests in a low cost SD receiver, how long will it be before they switch to HD?

I know that Feb 17th is officially the transition from analog to digital. But I'm wondering if the broadcasters will simultaneously dump 480i Standard Definition and switch to all HD?
the analog turn off has NOTHING to do with HD.....all they have to do is go digital with the full powered channels which they already are for us....so nothing changes

Yeah, the nets on 99W come in really stong, so a 6ft should be more than adequate.

I have a 6 footer on 99W and I get a 85-90 quality on the Pansat 1500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)