Networks on Quetzsat 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
I am (was) an AAD subscriber for my RV receiver and am looking to get network coverage when they go away. I saw on the uplinks that Quetzsat1 (77 W) has networks available in certain EA markets (eg Jacksonville, FL) and the are CONUS, not spotbeams for that market. Would I be able to "move" to Jacksonville, point to 77W and pick up these networks?? I wonder what they made just these CONUS when the markets already have SB coverage on 61.5. Might this just be temporary?
I would love to watch the Olympics in HD since OTA is not available here...

Yes. Keep in mind that doing so will also change your RSN eligibility. There are quite a few EA locals on 77°. Since there are no spot beams there, all local markets on 77° are ConUS. I live in the Cincinnati market and we have been on 77° in HD since the beginning of time (as far as HD is concerned). SD locals for this market are on 110°.
ConUS markets on 77° are:
Evansville, IN
Bowling Green, KY
Lexington, KY
Louisville, KY
Paducah, KY
Cincinnati, OH

Jacksonville, FL
Columbus, GA

Bluefield/Beckley, WV

Davenport, IA
Little Rock, AR
Springfield, MO

Notice how they are clustered. IMHO they may be spot beamed in the future.

Yes. Keep in mind that doing so will also change your RSN eligibility. There are quite a few EA locals on 77°. Since there are no spot beams there, all local markets on 77° are ConUS. I live in the Cincinnati market and we have been on 77° in HD since the beginning of time (as far as HD is concerned). SD locals for this market are on 110°.
ConUS markets on 77° are:
Evansville, IN
Bowling Green, KY
Lexington, KY
Louisville, KY
Paducah, KY
Cincinnati, OH

Jacksonville, FL
Columbus, GA

Bluefield/Beckley, WV

Davenport, IA
Little Rock, AR
Springfield, MO

Notice how they are clustered. IMHO they may be spot beamed in the future.

More details:
Columbus, Georgia and Lexington Kentucky are on 61.5W Conus per The List . 61.5W covers the northern states while 77w fades out as you move north.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)