Networks Refuse Google TV

Google TV does NOT have Flash. That is why you can't watch ABC videos on Android phones with Google Android. Steve Jobs does not like Flash. That's why you can't watch ABC on your iThing. And there will be many like me that use a Logitech Revue or other Google TV device with their Dish DVR and not integrate it. I am using mine with a 922 now and don't plan on integrating it.

What are you talking about? Android devices running 2.2 (aka Froyo) have flash -- it comes right from Adobe. I watch content from all the networks and Hulu (with a hack to undo the block) on my HTC Evo regularly. Google TV is based on Android 2.1, but it appears to have a flash plugin, as all flash content I've tried on the box works (unless blocked by the networks).

Well looks like I'm wrong again. I have no idea what I based that statement on. Thanks for pointing out my error.

Speaking of EVO, I just tried ABC using the Tunny browser and I get a mobile version with no video. I then used the Skyfire browser and watched a few minutes of a Castle episode. Haven't tried the other nets yet.

Well looks like I'm wrong again. I have no idea what I based that statement on. Thanks for pointing out my error.

Speaking of EVO, I just tried ABC using the Tunny browser and I get a mobile version with no video. I then used the Skyfire browser and watched a few minutes of a Castle episode. Haven't tried the other nets yet.

In regards to your previous statement, you can watch ABC stuff on your iPad/phone, etc. Steve Jobs may not like Flash, but he's Disney's largest shareholder. If he wants an app for that, Disney, ABC and ESPN will oblige!

I watch video from my PC on the Logitech Revue using the free version of Tversity, which supports Hulu. The pay version supports Hulu plus (I think) and I could probably watch the network free TV using Tversity. However, I am really not intersited as I have 2 722s and a 622 and can record any show I want to see. I am very pleased with the Logitech Revue as I have been able to do everything that I thought I would be able to. I knew before I purchased the Logitech Revue that it would not pass DTS sound and that is a limition as many of my videos have DTS sound tracks. I have to watch those on my other system that uses a PS3 with PS3 Mediaplayer to watch just about any video format and audio format from my PC. My audio receiver connected to the Logitech Revue plays DTS, so if the Logitech Revue just passed the audio, it would be OK. The only reason that I can think of for the networks boycotting Google TV is that they might think it could siphon off a number of viewers from their programs to watch other media, which is a possibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts