Neusat Sp-6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ice, they do have blind scan. I just got one of e-bay.
It is almost as fast as the coolsat. It will not let you limit the scan range though, which is a pain when using the universal Lnbf.
It does find the same signals as the coolsat.
It is overall a very nice receiver, has a much better picture quality than the coolsat.
I does however have a problem if you are using it with a C-KU Lnbf. I could not get the unit to work with the build in switch. I had to use a regular 4 port switch.
So like anything else, it has good and not so good points.
I paid $80 shipped from e-bay. A friend of mine just got 2 for $60 each shipped.
It really is worth it for that price.

Stats8 said:
Ice, they do have blind scan. I just got one of e-bay.
It is almost as fast as the coolsat. It will not let you limit the scan range though, which is a pain when using the universal Lnbf.
It does find the same signals as the coolsat.
It is overall a very nice receiver, has a much better picture quality than the coolsat.
I does however have a problem if you are using it with a C-KU Lnbf. I could not get the unit to work with the build in switch. I had to use a regular 4 port switch.
So like anything else, it has good and not so good points.
I paid $80 shipped from e-bay. A friend of mine just got 2 for $60 each shipped.
It really is worth it for that price.

I'm interested in this receiver. How does it do with a blind scan on IA-8 any lockups or hangs?If it completes the IA-8 scan how long does it take? Do you know if it can handle a motorized dish and a combination of fixed dishes with a disqc switch at the same time or is it either motorized or fixed?
Is the Blind scan a true hardware blind scan? Id you delete the TP's from the list will it find them again? Thanks in advance for any help.

I have seen the comments about hanging on IA-8, I wish I could let you know, but I am not able to scan any sats west of PAS 9, trees (not mine).
I t is just slightly slower than a coolsat 4000 in scanning a sat.
Using with both motorized disqc, and fixed disqc? That does not work, the coolsat will not work with that either.
As for the blind scan, yes it is a true hardware blind scan.

Ahh just saw the solution with search, I need to put it after the motor?
Thanks for the info Ice

Had to hook it up right away, that works with the coolsat:)
Wish I could report on the neusat, but it is hooked up with the c-band dish, that will require a lot of reconfiguration, it is hooked up with the DP710 and a C-KU LNBF.
Wonder if I hooked it up the switch to the output of the DP710 and then output to the C-KU and the primestar?

Thanks for all the info on this receiver! I saw them on ebay, and they looked nice, come with a flash drive so that you can edit channel list in your pc, then transfer it over to the receiver, and has a built in o-scope :)

Just hooked up the neusat with the DP710 and the fixed sat trough the switch, and it works fine, so I would guess it will work with a SG2100 as well.
I did a timed scan with the coolsat and the neusat on the KU sat detailed.
The neusat was 19 min, the coolsat 14.
Now if the coolsat had a better picture, it would win hands down.
Of cause there are more features on the neusat, like multi picture, and a much better remote, but if you are looking for the fastest scan, the coolsat is still hard to beat.

Boy, I am tempted. I like the looks of the neusat, the remote, the features, the usb drive.......but, I really don't need it :) I have been bidding on ebay, but keep getting out bid :-(

Did you ever try the vendor that has "or best offer" in his add, that's where my friend got the 2 units for 39.99 each plus 20.00 shipping.
Maybe because he ordered 2, but it would not hurt to try

coolsat has multi-picture. But it only has one active screen and the rest are still frmaes unkless you select them

I know the 5000 does. When I had the 4000 it had old software in it. (there has been a software upgrade since then)

Stats8 said:
Did you ever try the vendor that has "or best offer" in his add, that's where my friend got the 2 units for 39.99 each plus 20.00 shipping.
Maybe because he ordered 2, but it would not hurt to try

I will keep my eyes open :) THANKS!

Stats8 said:
Just hooked up the neusat with the DP710 and the fixed sat trough the switch, and it works fine, so I would guess it will work with a SG2100 as well.
I did a timed scan with the coolsat and the neusat on the KU sat detailed.
The neusat was 19 min, the coolsat 14.
Now if the coolsat had a better picture, it would win hands down.
Of cause there are more features on the neusat, like multi picture, and a much better remote, but if you are looking for the fastest scan, the coolsat is still hard to beat.
thanks for the info and scan times. I will watch the auctions for this receiver I am very tempted to try one out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)