Never Going Back to Dish

GreatMac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Since hearing that 10 of the Voom 21 HD channels are moving to Dish, I called Dish today to swith back. Had forgotten how bad they were: after half an hour wait, I got a rep who had no idea what Voom or Voom channels were. He transferred me to another department, but since nobody picked up, after 20 minutes I gave up.

Called back later. Less wait, but the woman who answered had never heard of Voom channels. Transferred me to a supervisor, who turned out to be a women named Chris.

She had the vocabulary and manners of someone who did not qualify as a DMV hire, and kept telling me that I still have my old Dish equipment, which I have purchased years ago (I was with Dish for 7 years before Voom), so I am not eligible for any discounts or promos. I told her I have sold the DVR and all I have in a closet is a seven year old SD receiver, which I don't want to use.

At the end, she accused me of lying that I don't have my old Dish equipment. Told me that as long as it is not activated in someone else's name, Dish considers it mine, thus I will not be eligible for any promos and will have to purchase each box for $300.

When I asked to speak to someone else, she told me there is no one else: she is THE SUPERVISOR. Amazing! I had been with them for 7 years. Guess this is Dish's reward for being a previous customer.

I miss Voom and I miss the Voom 21 programming, but I am not going back to Dish. Hopefully, others will pick up VOOM 21, and I will go with them.

P.S. When I asked about the transition to MPEG4, I was told that the 942 and the HD boxes will not work with it, but that Dish MAY offer a discount on their new MPEG4 equipment to 942 owners. Judging by my experience today, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)