New 1080p HDTVs compared

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is fairly certain that the Sony does NOT have a fifth generation tuner, which is made by LG.

However, the fifth generation tuner may not be what you need. It is good for handling multipath, better than any others. But that seems to come at a cost of slightly less sensitivity. So you may want a fifth generation tuner if you live in a really big city like NYC, and have bad multipath issues. Or you want to try watching digital OTA in a moving vehicle. But if you want to receive distant stations, the fifth generation is not for you.

All the above is from reading other's posts in this and other forums. I do not personally have a fifth generation tuner.

I know someone that bought a Sony television and he complained about the picture quality from Dish Network (he did not have an HD receiver only an SD one). He said his old tv had better picture quality. I told him that if he had a television with lower resolution it would probably get even better picture quality with what he has now unless he wanted to upgrade to HD and he was thinking about just upgrading to HD hardware. I think Dish's prices for HD is too expensive though. Directv next year will probably kick Dish's butt when it comes to this.

Oh nevermind

I going to cancel the order... i gonna wait for the HDMi spec with 1.3

wait till next year.... Just dont want to keep buying new tv';s every other year..

hdmi 1.3 is only good for the 5.1 audio correct? There is no other advantage to it. There is always going to be something better next year, just have to bite the bullet. Very happy with my decision to the the 50" model.

alright so I looked up the differences with hdmi 1.3 see that it provides more bandwidth to get a wider color spectrum, however wouldnt the cablebox/dbs reciever then need to be updated to 1.3spec in order to get that?

alright so I looked up the differences with hdmi 1.3 see that it provides more bandwidth to get a wider color spectrum, however wouldnt the cablebox/dbs reciever then need to be updated to 1.3spec in order to get that?

I would think so i have been reading trying to find out? Yes though that would make sense.

I own "older" Mits and Sony HDTVs and was torn between the Sony XBR2 and Mits Diamond DLP; slightly more pleased with the Sony PQ and UI, slightly more pleased with all the Mits bells & whistles (more computer like and better connectivity) and value. In the end, it was a matter of room configuration and the 60" XBR2 was just too large, given the side speakers, so I went with the WD-57831. I am very pleased with the purchase (never thought I would own a DLP), however no set is entirely without flaw.

I own "older" Mits and Sony HDTVs and was torn between the Sony XBR2 and Mits Diamond DLP; slightly more pleased with the Sony PQ and UI, slightly more pleased with all the Mits bells & whistles (more computer like and better connectivity) and value. In the end, it was a matter of room configuration and the 60" XBR2 was just too large, given the side speakers, so I went with the WD-57831. I am very pleased with the purchase (never thought I would own a DLP), however no set is entirely without flaw.

I got the Samsung but i like all the 1080p sets!

Dont get me wrong.... But That Sony is awsome, great picture...

I went to Circuit City and was wowed by it... My eyes couldn;t beleive the picture Quality... :D

My son bought the 50" Sony SXRD LCOS display.also he got the Sony upconvert 5 disc changer AM/FM 5.1 1000 watt surround sound Home theater with speakers.I
can recommend this setup the picture was awesome and the sound too.Picked up
1 HDMI 6' Phillips cable at WalMart hooked up it.The DVD unit is compact you would not believe something that compact would have all that stuff in it.:up

P.S. The display is 1080p.:eek:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts