New 2 Year Agreement Every Time ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

koolbrz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
WILLIAMSBURG, VA
I was forced to replace a dead receiver last April, now they tell me I automatically extended my agreemant for 2 more years.
Is there anything I can do at this point in time, I don't want 2 more years.
THANX

Was it owned or leased receiver. If it was owned and they replaced it with a leased receiver (or upgraded you to one) than it would add commitment.

If it was a warranty swap (first year) or lease replacement of the same model that was already leased than there should be no more commitment, I think.

Was it owned or leased receiver. If it was owned and they replaced it with a leased receiver (or upgraded you to one) than it would add commitment.

If it was a warranty swap (first year) or lease replacement of the same model that was already leased than there should be no more commitment, I think.
Yes I think this is correct. It goes by anytime you activate a new receiver it comes with a contract,But like you said as long as its a warranty swap ,then no extra time. But if you have an old owned receiver thats broken and you have them send you a replacement and you don't have the protection plan,that also comes with a 1 or a 2 year commitment,Depending on the receiver model.If you chose to replace a receiver for the he#$ of it. Thats also comes with a commitment.

I would have thought that it would be a NO Commitment if you were required to to go to a leased after owning one as you have very little options, but that is one thing that is very hard to figure out with D*.

Jimbo

I was forced to replace a dead receiver last April, now they tell me I automatically extended my agreemant for 2 more years.
Is there anything I can do at this point in time, I don't want 2 more years.
THANX

i was told by a csr that if unit is replaced with a reberb it will not extend commitment. anyone??

i was told by a csr that if unit is replaced with a reberb it will not extend commitment. anyone??

If it is leased than yes. If it is owned and in the original one year warranty or under protection plan than yes. If outside of warranty then they will send a refurb and it will be leased, and subject to new commitment.

I"m sure they would explain that they are doing this out of courtesy for you however :) sending you a new high-tech receiver to replace your broken obsolete owned one.

The only problem, masterdeals, is that there are NO D* receivers with a one year warranty any more. The HR10-250 was the only one that had such a warranty, IIRC. The standard D* receiver warranty is 90 days.

The moral of the story that no matter how you get a new reciever they will put a new commitment on it unless you fight it and if you have the protection plan you will have an easier time fighting it. But as with anything else it's all CSR roulette on how well you will do.

I know some people get all stressed out about the commitment but personally I don't ever worry about it. Put a 5 year commitment on my account for all I care. I'm not going anywhere and if for some reason I needed to it's easy enough to get out of the commitment by paying the $12.50 a month of what's left on it and most cable companies will gladly pay this off for you to get you to switch.

I have much better things to worry about then how much commitment time I have left on my TV provider.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts