New 622 Doesn't receive all channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Big_Ed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Athol, MA
My eagerly awaited day has arrived, and I now have my 622 installed. Installer says as he's leaving, you don;t have all the stations yet but they are "downloading now" (whatever that means) and they will all be available in 30 minutes or so.

5 hours later I call tech support because they aren't there, but cannot figure it out, so now I have a tech visit scheduled for Tuesday. Damn.

Of course, it appears that the stations I can't receive are all HD -- Boston locals, Vooms, Uni. But I do receive a lot of the others fine, the only new one I can see is ESPN 2.

The ones I don't receive, I'll get the program header, then just a blank screen. After a minute or so it will say satellite acquisition in progress. Some of the Vooms say there's a problem with my switch and I should run check switch -- but when I do, everything is A-OK, it sees 61.5, 110 & 119 fine.

Anybody have any ideas for me to try as opposed to waiting until Tuesday & taking a half day off to deal with this? :(

what is the signal strength on 61.5? thats only one thong i can think of it is at 45 or lower it wont work

Does your switch require a power inserter, and is it installed?

When I got my 942 they installed a DPP44 & failed to install the power inserter. I lose my locals on a regular basis, and have to have them come back to install the inserter. The check switch always comes back fine, I just keep losing one satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)