New 622. Dual Mode/UHF remote question... First impressions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bitjumper

Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Hi...

Hello everyone. I've been intently reading all the 622 threads for the last few months and finally received mine and had the install yesterday. This is my first HD DVR (upgraded from the 811 and Dishplayer 7200).

Question: In Single mode, my UHF Remote #2 is working great from anywhere in the house. But when I switch to Dual mode, the UHF remote fails to work anymore. I confirmed the receiver and remote are using "A". (In addition, I am surprised that in Dual mode the floating screen saver on TV2 still has the little [TV 1] logo and "Press Select" showing. I would have expected a [TV 2] logo.)

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I was pretty pessimistic but hopefull that the 622 would work well. I'm usually an early adopter and take the gamble. So far, I'm relieved. Things work nicer than I actually expected. Nice picture. Nice reception. Beautiful and functional user interface. 90% of it is wonderful.

I did experience a couple additional glitches: An OTA show I watched last night had no audio. I discovered by back-stepping 10 seconds the audio returned. (That was fine.) Also I do get an occasional audio crack, genearlly always a few seconds after changing a channel. Then it seems to be stable. (This is fine too.)

Erik

bitjumper said:
Hi...

Question: In Single mode, my UHF Remote #2 is working great from anywhere in the house. But when I switch to Dual mode, the UHF remote fails to work anymore. I confirmed the receiver and remote are using "A". (In addition, I am surprised that in Dual mode the floating screen saver on TV2 still has the little [TV 1] logo and "Press Select" showing. I would have expected a [TV 2] logo.)

Erik

When in dual mode the tv2 should show on the screen saver. Try a soft reset (push power button on receiver and hold for about 7 seconds). Receiver should reaquire signal. See if that helps.

Updated post here. What is your setup? If you are using coax to second tv, you may have tv tuned to tv1. Check you system info screen to make sure of the channel number for tv2 and confirm tv2 channel number. Or if you are using composite jack, may hav run wrong set to second tv.

Last edited:
garys said:
Or if you are using composite jack, may hav run wrong set to second tv.

Excellent. Thanks. I watched the installer speed install all the cabling and this hadn't crossed my mind.

Works fantastic now. This idea of having a single receiver and DVR distributing to two TVs independently is pretty cool. Very cool in fact.

I'm very impressed with this 622.

Thanks again,
Erik
(near Portland, OR)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts