New 622 Install Dish 500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RDSpears

Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Just recently switched from DirecTV to Dish Network. Had two receivers with DTV four rooms worked great good picture. The new Dish Network has Dish 500 one receiver with TV2 (two) remodes same as DirecTV. The second room with TV2 is HD tv signal is weak picture not as good as with DirecTV. Third room with TV2 not HD tv but still a lot of snow on picture not as good as DirecTV was. Forth room with TV2 no signal at all with a 20 year old Magnovox tv that worked with DirecTV. Not using any splitters only PVDP2 diplexers. I was not at home when the tech was on site. So do I need to boost the single with something other than a PVDP2 or what. Dish 500 has two coax cables the tech only used one to the in house distribution network box where the PVDP2's are located three or them there is also one PVDP2 connected to the 622 receiver. Any advice for a better single excluding switching back to DirecTV. Thank you any and all assistance is appreciated. RDSpears.:D

if you have a 622, you should have either a dish1000 or 2 dish 500s

I also didn't know that direct tv had a dual room receiver (i thought it was one box per room)

we need more info. are you mirroring?

also the 622 tv2 signal is NOT hd. its down converted to SD

Ok maybe it is not a 622 will check later today. So if I have two HD tv's only one will have a good picture the other always bad and I mean bad would be better with rabbit ears. DirecTV doesn't have dual room to my knowledge, but the in house distribution allowed same picture in two rooms from one receive had two = four. Thank you.

Not really sure what your after but its sounds like your splitting the tv2 backfeed to 3 rooms. Sounds like maybe a diplexor is backwards. If you have 2 cables going to the receiver from what it sounds I would use 1 as the tv2 backfeed. From that cable use a splitter to the 3 rooms. Using a splitter here is correct, but no splitters can be used in sat feed lines.

Sorry it's not a 622 but a 625 DVR with single feed from Dish 500 to a PVDP-2 in Home Network Distribution box then out to wall RJ6 connection to another PVDP-2 then to a two way Dish splitter installed by the DN Tech that feeds the sat1 and sat2 then out to TV1 HDTV picture is good. Now back to the Home Network Distribuition box another PVDP-2 sends signle to first TV2 HDTV picture is not good but viewable now back at the Home Network Distribution box again a PVDP-2 feeds the second TV2 SDTV with snow but viewable again back to the Home Network Distribution Box another PVDP-2 feeds third TV2 SDTV with no at all on channel 21-60 or any channel just no signal at all. So do I need the HF with power splitter located somewhere in the Home Network Distribution Box? Thank you!

Few things here -
With a 625 none of the signal output is HD, but just SD.

I dont get why you have so many diplexers here. If you have one line going to the 625 you need a total of 2 diplexors, 1 on the 625 and 1 in the home distro box. The diplexor is the distro box would have a line coming of uhf/vhf going to a 3 way splitter or this is where you could add a power amp splitter. If the line is diplexed more than the 2 diplexors this is not correct if this is what you are saying. Im not quite sure what exactly you mean. Diplexers work only in pairs, like a reverse splitter, but you cant keep splitting the signal out.

I used diplexors because I don't have a 3 way splitter or a power amp splitter. Can you recommend part number for a spllitter or power amp splitter so I can replace all the diplexors. Thanks for your assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)