New 622 Install Questions

lborges

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Just called Dish CSR on additional receiver install. Currently have one 211 in family room, one 311 in bedroom and one 311 in new media room. I want to switch media room 311 with new 622. Rep says to do so I have to give up both 311's and that the bedroom TV will be hooked up to the 622 and can be controlled with second 622 remote. My question that she could not answer is how is my wife going to change channels on the bedroom TV when the 622 is on the other side of the house? I tried changing the channel on the 211 from another room and could not.. Any help would be appreciated.

The 622 comes with a reg. IR remote for main TV 1 and a UHF remote that controls TV 2 from a different room. Mine works great from 3 rooms away and other side of house. Both TVs can view a different program while recording a 3rd. You can read all about it on the DISH site.

If you are a LONG way away from the other side of the house, you or your installer can use a regular splitter to join the TV2 out with the UHF remote antenna connection. Then, at TV2, use another splitter to break them apart and attach the supplied antenna right near the set.

A couple things:

1. There is no reason you should have to give up both of your 311's to get the 622. There is a limit of 4 leased tuners per account, but unless you are leaving out a receiver, you currently have 3 and replacing the 311 (1 tuner) with a 622 (2 tuners) will put you at four tuners.

2. Someone said you can record 2 programs and watch a 3rd...not true unless you are using the OTA input for the 3rd program.

Actually, if you have an OTA antenna, you can record three and watch 2 pre-recorded shows simultaneously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)