Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
Here is my new to me free 7.5ft bud where can I find out information about the laser brand or can someone tell me if it is a different bud

Attachments

• 20131201_152332.jpg
    20131201_152332.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 408
  • 20131201_152350.jpg
    20131201_152350.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 399
Last edited:
I didn't know you lived in Australia! LOL

You find info like everybody else. You search Google for it, and hope for posts from this or other forums. Laser is just a generic brand like many others. It's as good as you want it to be and your skills of restoration, and if setup properly should do ok. It would be better as a 10 footer, but this will give you a good taste.

I would suggest trying to remove the dish whole, and getting it to your place. Then, I'd "string" it and see if you need to deal with any issues there. If it's been like that for a couple years without the actuator, and flopped down, it may have distorted it. Any dents can be dealt with using a body hammer and block. Rips can be sewn up with picture hanging wire. Lot's of oil used on bearing points, and then work them for a bit.

For unsiezing rusted bolts Ive always had really good luck with a 50/50 mix of nail polish remover (acetone) and ATF (automatic transmission fluid)

wouldnt be a bad idea to spray all the nuts and bolts down with that before dismantling.

UDL

For unsiezing rusted bolts Ive always had really good luck with a 50/50 mix of nail polish remover (acetone) and ATF (automatic transmission fluid)

wouldnt be a bad idea to spray all the nuts and bolts down with that before dismantling.

UDL
sprayed all the bolts with wd 40 today

Kroil and PB Blaster works better at rusted bolts than WD - IMHO. WD is good at preventing rust tho - spray a light coat on to repel water. Needs regular re-applications tho.
But since it's already applied, a 'shock' to each rusted bolt/nut, with a hammer, can only help. (Helps the aforementioned penetrants also)

That looks just like the BUD I picked up a few months ago.

I took the panels off and transported the mount as-is.

I have no idea what brand it is. I'd like to know myself.

It's been pulling in almost all signals for me in Northern California.

I found a venture 18" actuator for 70 dollars with shipping will an 18" actuator work on this dish or should I get a 24" actuator
I use a Superjack II 18" actuator on one of my 7.5ft mesh dishes. I originally had it on my 5ft solid steel dish. On both dishes they easily go from 91W to 137W with a little to spare. The others use a 24" actuator.

I found a venture 18" actuator for 70 dollars with shipping will an 18" actuator work on this dish or should I get a 24" actuator

The Venture 18" sat actuator is an imported Chinese one. It's the only one that is. I wouldn't trust it to be much better than the regular Ebay Chinese ones.

newtech.jpgdish.jpegI cant say 100% but it looks similar to mine and every (EVERY!!!) bolt broke off when i took it apart. Obviously Newtech didn't use stainless bolts.

You know really great arms are likened to a great dish and Laser dishes need only 18 inchers but some All channels in some areas may need 24 inchers which allow the dish to get to almost both horizons...

You know really great arms are likened to a great dish and Laser dishes need only 18 inchers but some All channels in some areas may need 24 inchers which allow the dish to get to almost both horizons...

I got a super jack harl 3624 with shipping for less than most 18 in actuators before shipping

Sent from my SM-N900V using SatelliteGuys mobile app

View attachment 93860View attachment 93861I cant say 100% but it looks similar to mine and every (EVERY!!!) bolt broke off when i took it apart. Obviously Newtech didn't use stainless bolts.

I think the one I am getting is made by perfect 10 as the feedhorn cover has a little rock Arkansas address, can I attached the actuator arm to keep the dish upright as there are two bolts that I can't get a wrench on because of where they are located are close to the mesh ?

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)