New 722 but SD recording time is lower

TheBobert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
MY first 722 didnt even last a year before crapping out.
The sent me a new one and I do not have that much SD programming recorded yet it shows that I have only 22 hours left
What is the dealio?
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

On the left side it shows how many HD hours you have left. On the right side it says how many SD hours you have left.

Also I think the 622 has fewer hours on it than the 722 but I am not sure.

722 -> 55 HD / 350 SD

622 -> 30 HD / 200 SD

If you didn't notice how many hours it had at first, the only way to verify it has the 350 it should, would be to delete everything or move it to an external HD or count everything you have recorded but that is hard with the different amount of space for MPEG 2/4.

MY first 722 didnt even last a year before crapping out.
The sent me a new one and I do not have that much SD programming recorded yet it shows that I have only 22 hours left
What is the dealio?
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
The 722 has a 55 hr HD capacity. 350 hrs SD..
Check the history by pressing the DVR button on the remote and go to My Recordings...I suspect you have a reman receiver and the hard drive was never cleared....Just an idea.. If there's nothing listed in the history, you have a screwed up receiver....

I record mostly in HD and have like 4 hrs left.
My last 722 always had a high level of SD recording left.
I have barely recorded any SD programming so for it to say I have only 21 hrs left tells me that there is something wrong.
I only have it on 1 tv.
If it were set up for 2 tv's at one time both TV's access the same list of recorded DVR programs right?

There isn't a set amount of disk space for HD and a certain about for SD. It is 1 hard drive. The meter simply shows how much time you have left if you were to record all HD or all SD. As you record either it will lower both numbers. For instance, note the amount of HD and SD time you have left, then record a 1 hour HD program and note that both numbers are different.

It is also important to note that the time remaining number is usually on the conservative side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts