New 722 or Not

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrv331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
NE Ohio
We had a pretty good rain storm go through tonight. I lost my signal and got the aquiring signal box, then the tv went blank and all the lights on the receiver went off. I heard a whining noise from the receiver, sounded like a fan spinning on high speed. After a minute or two the receivers lights came on and the tv came back on and the receiver was doing a signal check(check switch). After a few minutes all was fine. During this time I checked my other receiver(vip 222) and had signal the entire time.

Does this mean the 722 is going bad or does this happen at times? Ive only had E* less than a month and this is the first time this receiver has ever had a problem.
Thanks
John

sounds more like a brownout from the storm caused your 722 to reset. Could be lots of things though. If it doesn't happen again anytime soon, I'd say let it go.

Mine did that once after a power outage. And also when I disconected everything to move it to a different shelf. But other than that it has never done it again. Had mine since 8/16/08

The dvr units will reboot themselves from time to time, the non-hard drive units (like the 222) do not have to. The reboot has more to do with the hard drive than anything else and could not necessarily be cause by a loss of signal.

My 722 did that a few times when I first got hooked up (a little over 16 months ago), and as yours, always either during or after restoring signal after a hard rain. I found that I had a loose barrel connection where the installer "lengthened" a piece of cable instead of running a new one that was not tight or "sealed". I'm assuming water got into the barrel connector and was causing a short big enough to freak out the receiver into rebooting. I replaced the cable myself and haven't had a problem since then. You might want to check the "outside of the house" portion of your cable for any loose barrel connectors, any frays or tears in the jacket, etc. May be completely different, as well... just sharing what I found with mine.

Thanks to all for the help. I had already retightened all the connections and took out any sharp cable bends after the system was installed. Picked up that tip here.

Just a thought though, the cable comes from the sat and connects to a cable barrel which connects to the dp2. Can I get rid of the barrel connector and connect directly to the dp2?

Thanks
John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)