New 8-K Report, Voom shuts down April 30.

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ITEM 8.01 OTHER EVENTS.

On March 8, 2005, Cablevision Systems Corporation (the “Company”) entered into an agreement with Charles F. Dolan, the Chairman of the Company, and Thomas C. Dolan, a director of the Company, pursuant to which the parties were to work cooperatively to finalize the separation of the Company’s Rainbow DBS subsidiary from the Company. That agreement terminated on March 31, 2005 and, in accordance with its terms, the business of Rainbow DBS is to be shut down. All expenditures of Rainbow DBS after March 31, 2005 are being funded by the Company.

The Board of Directors, at a meeting on April 7, 2005, confirmed its shut down decision and provided management with specific directives on shut down implementation including advising customers that the VOOM service will cease to be available on April 30, 2005. Management has begun implementing the shut down steps. The Board of Directors instructed management to continue to analyze whether its VOOM 21 channels can be marketed to other satellite and cable providers as part of the Company’s Rainbow programming operations.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/784681/000089183605000220/sc0103.htm

*DJ Cablevision: Voom Service Availability To End April 30

April 08, 2005 06:17 ET (10:17 GMT)
8 Apr 2005 06:17 ET *DJ Cablevision: Voom Service Availability To End April 30
(MORE) Dow Jones Newswires

April 08, 2005 06:11 ET (10:11 GMT)
8 Apr 2005 06:11 ET *DJ Cablevision: Has Begun Voom Service Shut Down Steps

April 08, 2005 06:07 ET (10:07 GMT)
8 Apr 2005 06:07 ET +DJ Cablevision: Mgmt To Analyze Mkting Of Voom Channels

Cablevision on Friday said it has gone ahead with plan to close Voom by April 30

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Cablevision Systems Corp. on Friday said it has gone ahead with its plan to close its Rainbow DBS unit, which operates the Voom satellite television service.

Voom will cease to be available to customers on April 30, the company said. Cablevision said it will continue to look into the possibility of selling Voom's TV channels.

The move is a blow for Cablevision Chairman Charles Dolan, who last month got a reprieve from the board to keep Voom running, pledging his own money to support the money-losing service. That arrangement ended on March 31.

The fight to keep Voom running has pitted Dolan against his son James, Cablevision's CEO, who has voted to shut the satellite service down to shield shareholders from further losses.

READ HERE

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

A very sad day for voOmers...

Cablevision to Close Voom Satellite TV Service
Fri Apr 8, 2005 06:16 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Cablevision Systems Corp. on Friday said it has gone ahead with its plan to close its Rainbow DBS unit, which operates the Voom satellite television service.
Voom will cease to be available to customers on April 30, the company said. Cablevision said it will continue to look into the possibility of selling Voom's TV channels.

Form 8-K for CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORP /NY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-Apr-2005

Other Events

ITEM 8.01 OTHER EVENTS.
On March 8, 2005, Cablevision Systems Corporation (the "Company") entered into an agreement with Charles F. Dolan, the Chairman of the Company, and Thomas C. Dolan, a director of the Company, pursuant to which the parties were to work cooperatively to finalize the separation of the Company's Rainbow DBS subsidiary from the Company. That agreement terminated on March 31, 2005 and, in accordance with its terms, the business of Rainbow DBS is to be shut down. All expenditures of Rainbow DBS after March 31, 2005 are being funded by the Company.

The Board of Directors, at a meeting on April 7, 2005, confirmed its shut down decision and provided management with specific directives on shut down implementation including advising customers that the VOOM service will cease to be available on April 30, 2005. Management has begun implementing the shut down steps. The Board of Directors instructed management to continue to analyze whether its VOOM 21 channels can be marketed to other satellite and cable providers as part of the Company's Rainbow programming operations.

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/050408/cvc8-k.html

8 Apr 2005 06:50 ET DJ Cablevision: Voom Service Availability To End April 30

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC) disclosed Friday that service for its Voom satellite-television operations will cease to be available April 30.

The cable company confirmed its decision to shut down Voom and provided management with specific directives on shut down implementation Thursday, according to a document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Cablevision said management has begun implementing shut down steps.

Cablevison's board instructed management to continue to analyze whether its Voom 21 channels can be marketed to other satellite and cable providers as part of its Rainbow programming operations, the filing said.

As reported last month, Cablevision entered into an agreement with Chairman Charles F. Dolan and Thomas C. Dolan, a director of the company, to work cooperatively to finalize the separation of Voom from the company. That agreement terminated March 31.

Since then all expenditures of Voom have been funded by Cablevision, according to the filing.

-By Chad Clinton, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-1349; chad.clinton@dowjones.com

8 Apr 2005 06:50 ET DJ Cablevision: Voom Service Availability To End April 30

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC) disclosed Friday that service for its Voom satellite-television operations will cease to be available April 30.

The cable company confirmed its decision to shut down Voom and provided management with specific directives on shut down implementation Thursday, according to a document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Cablevision said management has begun implementing shut down steps.

Cablevison's board instructed management to continue to analyze whether its Voom 21 channels can be marketed to other satellite and cable providers as part of its Rainbow programming operations, the filing said.

As reported last month, Cablevision entered into an agreement with Chairman Charles F. Dolan and Thomas C. Dolan, a director of the company, to work cooperatively to finalize the separation of Voom from the company. That agreement terminated March 31.

Since then all expenditures of Voom have been funded by Cablevision, according to the filing.

There is another side to this coin. Charles dolan wouldn't go down without a fight. Something is in the works. Hang is there Voomers. Voom is still alive.

calikarim said:
There is another side to this coin. Charles dolan wouldn't go down without a fight. Something is in the works. Hang is there Voomers. Voom is still alive.

And do you have some factual information to base your post on or are you just not facing facts???

calikarim said:

Umm. He didn't go down without a fight... It was, however, a fight he lost.

calikarim said:

Voom as we know it is dead as of april 30. however they did say they are exploring voom 21 as a programming option for other sat or cable providers.

Maybe deal with Echostar is done but Voom as a satellite service had to go before announcement.

I hope it goes this way cause my cable system does not have HD yet

calikarim said:

It was noted in another article (unfortunately I can't find the link now) that Dolan's main goal was HDTV and he wanted it delivered whether via satellite or cable (hence his agreement to the bid for Adelphia). Since they currently plan to continue to produce/market their 21 originals as a separate service, I can GUESS that they must already have commitments to purchase the service. Hope some kind of annoucement is made soon.

I am deeply sad to hear this news. I am still hoping for a DOLAN miracle. If the fate is VOOM goes black on the 30 is VOOM going to tell the subscribers on the day before. The big question is what are we going to do with the dish and the boxes. I just hate calling customer service and being told "business as usual". It is like riding a roller coaster and the track could break at any moment. I know all of us loyal VOOM customers appreciate Dolan's effort.

Just spoke with CSR and she knew about the press release but they haven't heard anything official.

Yes yes I know they are just CSRs...............

At least wait for CV management to get into the office. All in due time

dlm10541 said:
Voom as we know it is dead as of april 30. however they did say they are exploring voom 21 as a programming option for other sat or cable providers.

Maybe deal with Echostar is done but Voom as a satellite service had to go before announcement.

I hope it goes this way cause my cable system does not have HD yet
I just called and E* and they said that they are not adding anymore HD this year. If I was looking for HD then D* would be a better choice. THe E* CSR also said that the only difference in programing between D* and e* is that e* was $5.00 cheaper. Other than that, no difference. What a lame CSR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts