New 811 install...where's the beef?

I have the Mitsu 48413. First thing I did was hook it up via s-video to do the 6-1-9 setup to set the 811 to 1080i. I then plugged the component video cables into the DTV plugs (GRB or Y/G, Pr/R, Pb/B). On the DTV port you should also have H/V but I didn't have to use those. Use the device button the remote to select DTV and hit enter. This should switch the TV over to the DTV port and you should be getting 1080i on everything as the 811 upconverts everything to 1080i.

Mark

The device button on the remote refers to your Mitsu TV remote. You shouldn't have to change any settings on the DTV. Notice that the Component 1 and Component 2 ports only support 480i/480p. Only the DTV port will do 1080i...interesting that you don't have a DVI port...maybe because of the integrated HDTV tuner.

"Use the device button the remote to select DTV and hit enter"

I'm at work so I'm trying to visualize what you're referring to. When you hit "device" on the remote, it brings up different icons like antenna, satellite, vcr, dvd, etc.
Are you saying that DTV should have its own icon to activate or is this something that I have to go through Setup to do?!

Problem solved

After initiating the DTV in the tv's setup, I activated it and whaddya know...1080i has finally reared its' head. Now I can see what all the fuss is about....pretty cool stuff.

Wdam33 thanks for the help as well as Gpflepson,Nuts4scuba,and Cameron.This is a very helpful forum.

Wdam33...Were you able to program your mits remote for the 811? Now I can no longer change channels or format with it and am using the 811 remote for those functions. Would love to get back to using the mits remote for everything if that's possible.

Thanks again guys.

My son-in-law had this same problem with his Mitsu and his 811 hookup. He finally ended up calling the Mitsubishi hot line and they told hom only the DTV inputs will work with the 811 for his model TV. I'm not sure if his model is the same as yours but the picture of your model looks like his. When he talked to them they walked him through the steps to set it up. And like you experienced the Dish installer was clueless about how to get his working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)