New 921 DOA - Sort of...

faster68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
I just bought a 921 and although the HD powers up I get no lights on the front panel and no output from any of the RCA or the DVI video out source. I’ve tried just about everything like holding the power button down from 6 to 60 seconds but I have yet to see a light on the front panel illuminate. I have the dp34 and the LBNFs working as I’fe tested on another unit and I get signal. Dish tech ‘support’ gave up and wants me to do a return… there has got to be some sort of reset or something, why would the HD power up and yet I can’t get the thing to boot. Does anyone have any ideas? I hate to have to do a return.

Thanks,
faster68

Sorry, it sounds like you've received a 921 that was tested and passed by the E* quality assurance team. They are like the J.D.Powers award winning customer service team. :(

The exact same thing happened to me last week. I called Dish's advanced tech and there was nothing they could do. Told me I needed a new one because there was some sort of power malfunction even though the HD was spinning. So I called up the dishnet.com store and they sent me a new one in less than a week with a paid UPS shipping stickerto return the bad receiver. Everything worked fine with the replacement. So it sounds like you're not doing anything wrong you just got a bad receiver like I did.

Andy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)