New Amazon show in production - Fallout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Just saw this on my news feed. Might be interesting.
Instead of being book based it's based on a game. I wonder where they will go with it.

At least Amazon isn't afraid of taking a chance.

Reactions: FTA4PA and TheKrell
I am not partial to post-apocalypse movies, but I'd at least check this one out if it's on Amazon Prime for "free".

Well, the “Resident Evil” franchise did pretty well for a game-based movie franchise, so why not a game-based TV series? Isn’t “Halo” also being used for a streaming series, too?

Reactions: Derwin0
The Fallout games were great, but not sure how there is a series out of this. The main fun is the open world running around and raising hell. Seems like a bad show plot...

The Fallout games were great, but not sure how there is a series out of this. The main fun is the open world running around and raising hell. Seems like a bad show plot...
Easy enough to make a series.

It would obviously need to consist of new characters, but you could plop them down anywhere in the US. Just have ruins in the area, with an ample supply of 50's nostalgia and nuka-cola.

The story could be anything, from someone who protects a town/group of people from zombies, members of the railroad helping synths, or a brotherhood of steel squad on missions. Lots of things could be done, the key is doing something good with a good cast & story.

Maintaining the dark humor would be essential. I wonder if they'll incorporate the gore. Obviously the writing will be key. But this world is rich and the writing is top-notch. Sure, a lot of the fun of the game is wandering and the unexpected encounters. But if the main stories and many side-mission stories sucked, the game wouldn't be such a huge hit. Lots of sandbox games let you run around killing random enemies. Interesting that the creators of Westworld are behind this, especially if they tackle the Railroad storyline. (Full disclosure: I've been playing Fallout 4 for the past few months.)

Never heard of it.

I suspect they will need to appeal to folks that never heard of the game.

Well, I searched and found that yes indeed, there was a “Fallout” thread.

I never played the game, but my gamer coworker has and said this Amazon series is amazing! The Vault scenery is very familiar to anyone who has played the game.

I watched and loved it! It has its dark humor moments, and while the Ghoul character might come off as a knock-off of the Man in the Black Hat from “Westworld”, he’s unique enough that it works well. Amazon dropped all eight episodes at once, and it’s easily bingable in a weekend or a few weeknights.

Anyway, it’s well worth your time if you’re a fan of the game, and if you like dark humor or sarcastic takes on the Cold War and 1950s Americana, you should find something to enjoy.

Reactions: navychop
I watched first episode. Was not compelled to continue.
It gets a lot better the next two episodes, becomes a ultra violent action type of show.

Also giant cockroaches and a mutated bear.

Last edited:
Great show. I think it accurately captures the dark humor of the games and will appeal to fans of the games and newcomers for sure as it's pretty lore accurate. These video game adaptations have been killing it lately -- this is what happens when you involve the creators in the project. Neil Druckmann was a writer and director on The Last of Us TV series and Todd Howard was an executive producer on this series.

Really looking forward to most of the ones on this list.

Reactions: Foxbat