New AMC-14 and E-3 Info

Eastern Arc???

What is this eastern arc??? I checked a link couple of days before that it will be group of 3 satellites.

But dish does not own any other location other than 61.5. I was not able to find that particular link again. But could not find it again.

Eastern Arc is apprently some top secrect thing that you need to be a Pub Memeber to know about, but from what I have been able to understand it is suppose to happen sometime after May and will get us more HD and more HD locals

I think "Eastern Arc" refers to an all-MPEG-4 service from a single dish, probably to multiple satellite locations including, but not limited to, 77 and 61.5. (I don't see how you make an arc out of only 2 satellite locations.) The "Eastern" part refers to the part of the US for which these satellite locations have the most favorable elevation angles.

Some pictures of AMC14:

Attachments

• AMC14 Ready-to-Lift.jpg
    AMC14 Ready-to-Lift.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 172
  • AMC14-satellite.jpg
    AMC14-satellite.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 155
Satellites Dish has launched have varied between 100 and 450 million. A simple satellite is of course cheaper, a big spot beam is much more expensive. I am sure the costs have gone up and launching for 100 million is probably not possible. DIRECTV satellites ran close to a billion when they had to be converted from internet to TV (between 2 and 3 billion for the 3).

Dish has licenses (with interference from Canda restrictions) to broadcast from 77 and 86.5. Dish has a construction license (and presumably building) for a satellite at 86.5. Dish broadcasts from 77 now to Mexico and has just filed to move E6 to 77 for US broadcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)