New Anik Mini dish up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
U must have seen my picture about T-12.That was good, too.
Later I tried Hispasat 1C/1D at 30W with the same antenna and got also satisfactory result.
Yes I Live in NYC and this gives me a benefit on eastern arc.On the other hand I can only a dream about birds above 120 degree because 40 story building just across the street. So I had a good time on my roof and can confirmed that working with 21 inch dish on FTA is possible. If I have a good and worm weekend I will try to work on 18 inch and post the results.I Thing that 97W stand the chances.It has a pretty good signal and I Thing I will be able to get a good scan on a few TP's.Maybe not all of them but some for sure.Must remember about LNB skew witch is VERY important on a Linear LNB's.I am not using motor.All is done by manual rotation.I like very much time spending on the nice and worm sunny days watching my dishes and peoples walking down the street 60 Ft down.It is a fun.

U must have seen my picture about T-12.That was good, too.
Later I tried Hispasat 1C/1D at 30W with the same antenna and got also satisfactory result.
Yes I Live in NYC and this gives me a benefit on eastern arc.On the other hand I can only a dream about birds above 120 degree because 40 story building just across the street. So I had a good time on my roof and can confirmed that working with 21 inch dish on FTA is possible. If I have a good and worm weekend I will try to work on 18 inch and post the results.I Thing that 97W stand the chances.It has a pretty good signal and I Thing I will be able to get a good scan on a few TP's.Maybe not all of them but some for sure.Must remember about LNB skew witch is VERY important on a Linear LNB's.I am not using motor.All is done by manual rotation.I like very much time spending on the nice and worm sunny days watching my dishes and peoples walking down the street 60 Ft down.It is a fun.

Great, I miss the east, born and raised outside of Cleveland. 40 story building, guess you cannot wait for leaves to fall. but you still have alot of birds you can look at, keep on expermenting.

Eb/No Explained

thread on that
http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/211192-ebno.html

when peaking a 4DTV or Shaw receiver EBNO is a more finite signal than just the signal

Thanks Iceberg for the link, I was waiting to see what other's would say but it still doesn't give much of an explanation as to what it is so maybe these links will help sathen get a better understanding and if I'm correct I believe there are also some satellite signal meters that can calibrate with Eb/No data.

Eb/No_Explained.pdf

Search_Google_here_for_more_info

Exelent article about this subject McGuyver !!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for ridirect mi to a right track.Simply put it is just a ratio of Energy per Bit (Eb) to the Spectral Noise density (No) It is just a digital technick of saying how good is chunk of info in digital form taken from spectrum in a given moment.It make sense very much because it can tell U in mathematical way how good your link is. In Our way we can use it to choose a better Low Noise Block for an antenna.The bigger difference between signal/noise the better for us.Actually The RATIO between signal and noise I should say.I am more familiar with a measurement of an analog signals on my ham radio equipment but I see a lot of similarities. Coders that write a soft for our FTA boxes should take that into consideration then all Our boxes would be more efficient with showing Signal Quality.I am just using SQ bar just for pointing.Nothing else. Now all should know why one box shows more signal then a different one on the same conditions like antenna,lnb,etc.
Thank You McGuyver.Thank You Iceberg

It was a wonderful day in NYC so I took my chances on 18 inch dish.Like I expected it was a full success.
I was able to lock on T-12, Hispasat 1C/1D.Most transponders gave me 40-60 SQ so it was all right to watch.On the rainy day it may be a different story but I took this test to see by myself if it is possible.
I would not recommend this way for permanent installation but if you in a harry on sunny picnic day in some park with clear view to Clark's belt then you will be OK to entertain your guests.Here are some pictures

Attachments

• dscn1646.jpg
    dscn1646.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • dscn1651.jpg
    dscn1651.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • dscn1661.jpg
    dscn1661.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 126
  • dscn1663.jpg
    dscn1663.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 150
  • dscn1665.jpg
    dscn1665.jpg
    986.8 KB · Views: 134
Good work sathen, a lot of us have tried that trick. Works much better than you'd think it might. Well, in good weather at least. Aiming the little thing is a pain sometimes though.

Nice job Sathen. It puts a use to those pie plates all around. My Anik mini dish went out in a big storm the other night. But so did all my ku dishes. C band chugged along though, always does. If you don't need 24/7 access to stations an 18" will work too. For the most part I'm satisfied with my 21.5" mini dish. :)

Nice job! I didn't even know receiving T-12 @ 15 degrees was even possible in North America. Since I live in Pennsylvania I will give this a try.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)