New Antenna Advice

tomander

Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
I live in a rual area. Attached is my Tvfool information. I wish to select an antenna to use for one TV. The cable distance from antenna to Tv will be about 75 feet. I wish to receive CBS, NBC, and ABC. The weakest signal is the ABC channel. There are two options I am considering.

Option 1. Wineguard 7698P with rotor no preamp. Is a preamp necessary? Would a preamp cause over load with the stronger CBS and NBC channels?

Option 2. Two antennas. One UHF/VHF pointing to NBC and CBS at 177 degrees ( Winegauard 7696P) and a UHF only antenna at 280 degrees combined with a jointenna. No preamp. Have not picked UHF antenna yet.

thanks for your time and advice.

Tom

Attachments

• Radar-Digital.png
    Radar-Digital.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 194
Would a preamp cause over load with the stronger CBS and NBC channels?

I wouldn't expect overload.

Note that KYOU will be on the verge of reception after June 12. They will go from 7.94 KW on channel 14 to 360 KW on channel 15.

A little extra height might be helpful.

The thing I don't like about the Jointenna in your situation is that you'll likely lose signal for channel 32(r), but if it's "Independent" programming is less important than the ABC stuff on 33(r), you likely won't care. Also, using a Jointenna for 33(r) means that you won't be able to pick up that other PBS station at 21(r).

I'd try it with a splitter before ordering the Jointenna. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts