New Antenna = No satellite reception!

MicSli

Original poster
May 22, 2004
After hooking up a CM4228 I can no longer view any Voom! I also have 0 signal power for all of my locals, although I can still watch one of them. This is with both lines going through a diplexer. I assume removing the diplexer would give me back the Voom reception, but would this straighten out my OTA issues? I could receive 2 channels with high signal strength with only the unamplified Winegard antenna.

yup
take out the diplexer and run the cable straight from the antenna to the voom box
i get channels
missing channels 11 and 13 though
i live in east brunswick nj
joe

My installer hooked up the diplexer backwards. I found the error and corrected it. Big difference. If you can, take a look at your setup. I bought a hunk of RG-6 and tried a direct connection from OTA to STB. The diplexer route gave me the same result as a direct connection, so I left the diplexer in.

I'ld try a pre-amp. That worked for me. How strong is your OTA signal strength (not signal quality)? Should be around 70+. If not, a pre-amp might work for you.

-John

Does the Winegard antenna get power from the STB through the diplexer? I ran a new dedicated line from the antenna to my STB and get zero OTA signal strength again. I thought just taking the diplexer out of the loop would increase my signal strength. I dont see how you can hook up the diplexer wrong. It looks like mine is installed correctly.

How do I merge the two cables from the satellite into a single one for the receiver?

The Winegard 8800 and Channel Master 4228 are not amplified. They need a seperate pre-amp if you want them amplified. I'm not sure if Voom will pay for a pre-amp or not? Has anyone had them install one?

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)