New APT, 1 DVR, 2 Tv's, Major Issue!

vernsan

Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
I've looked around this forum for a few days and still haven't found a good answer to my question. I recently ordered Dish network, with a 625 DVR with the dual tuner in it. I also live in an appartment so it means I cannot wire my walls. I know That because my room the bedroom has the sound system I'll be leaving the receiver in the bedroom so to use the optical. The problem is getting the other room(living room) hooked up. I rather not have wires layed on the floor or edges because thats just gonna ask to be messy. I'm thinking I could tinker with the wall outlet for cable in(unplug the one wire in the outlet so I can make it to where send the tv out from receiver to wall then hook up the tv in the living to the wall and get the signal) Also because we dont have any cable service so its not being used. Or wireless and what would be a decent wireless transmitter? Thanks in advance.

as far as the wiring is concerned, depending on how old the apartment is, will determine whether or not the cables are daisy chained in the walls, than it could be done, as long as you don't have an incoming signal from the complex or cable company, but would have to take out the splitter behind a wall plate. Second thing if all home runned to a central location in your building, forget it, have them put it under the trim around the carpet. or third and i don't recommend this, but have seen it done, drill a small hole in between the rooms, run the cable, when you move out of the apartment, pull out the cable and patch the holes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts