New at this.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paul Gillard

Original poster
Aug 29, 2020
Pei Canada
I have a 30 inch dish
Standard Ku band LNB
Ultra HD jynxbox v30
The problem I'm having is I can't seem to find galaxy 19 I'm using a sat finding app to position dish.
As it comes with no instructions my settings could be wrong.
The only satellite I can pick up is Anil F3 @ 118.7w.
Any ideas?

I have a 30 inch dish
Standard Ku band LNB
Ultra HD jynxbox v30
The problem I'm having is I can't seem to find galaxy 19 I'm using a sat finding app to position dish.
Any ideas?
The satellite I can receive is Anik f3

I have a 30 inch dish
Standard Ku band LNB
Ultra HD jynxbox v30
Any ideas?
Welcome to Satellite Guys! I'm not a fan of the apps - give me a compass and inclinometer. :rollingeyes Have you tried using www.dishpointer.com This site allows you to enter your latitude/longitude, select a satellite and zoom in on exactly where your dish is mounted on your property. It will give you the exact azimuth, elevation and skew for the satellite you select. There is also a green finder line that allows you to locate an object along it's path to point your dish to so you are sure you are pointing correctly. Keep in mind that most FTA signals are much weaker than Dish/DirecTV signals so they are harder to lock. Be sure to make TINY adjustments on your dish. A fraction of an inch will mean the difference between a good signal and no signal at all. :)

If you found 118w and can confirm then you can use the elevation listed for this sat for your location to double check the elevation scale on the dish.

For example if dishpointer says it should be 40 degrees but the scale on the dish reads 45 after you peaked it then you know you have abt a 5 degree error. This can be a big help when you try to find 97W just add or subtract the error from what dishpointer says for 97W.

Also, if you don't have a squeal meter (cheap sat finder) you might want to try and get one. They can be a big help for coarse adjustments and get you on the sat fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)