New Borderlands Game...

Yep, Game of Thrones is also on the way from Tell Tale. I'm more interested in that than a Borderlands Tell Tale game but I'm sure I will check it out once it goes on sale.

The also announced that The Wolf Among Us and both seasons of The Walking Dead would be ported to PS4/Xbox One. I hope they are able to use cloud saves to bring your PS3 saves from past seasons to the PS4 so I can play TWD season 3 without the terrible frame rate drops and still bring all my choices forward.

Playing The Wolf Among us on PC shows me that it is possible for Tell Tale to make a game that doesn't have terrible performance issues. Playing TWD season 1 and 2 shows me that they aren't capable of doing it on PS3 even though the game runs on iPad.

TWD2 and TWAU on PS3 aren't nearly as bad as TWD1 was, though there is still room for improvement. TWD1 on Vita was almost unplayable in comparison. I hope you are right about transferring saves between systems (PS3>PS4), and not to burst your bubble, but they didn't allow for importing saves from PS3 to Vita or vice versa for TWD1/2.

Tales from the Borderlands was announced at around the time of the VGAs in December, but I hadn't heard a release date yet, so I'm happy to hear it will come during the summer. Depending on how reviews are and the state of my backlog, I may bite the bullet and get the season pass week 1. Something I wouldn't normally do, of course. Same goes for the Game of Thrones game.

Oh god don't get a Season Pass Week 1.. paying full price for one of those things early on is insane, because A: It's at the most expensive unless you get it off Steam when they do their pre-order discounts or something, and B: Although we're hoping for the best there's a good chance the game could suck, so you may as well wait for 2 or 3 episodes to be released before you decide to plunge in, and by then Season Pass sales will be more common.

Playing The Wolf Among us on PC shows me that it is possible for Tell Tale to make a game that doesn't have terrible performance issues. Playing TWD season 1 and 2 shows me that they aren't capable of doing it on PS3 even though the game runs on iPad.
I don't think that this shows that TellTale can make good games on PC as much as it shows that TellTale just does badly on consoles. Hell TellTale has been around for nearly 10 years, and the company itself was founded by former Lucasarts employees, so PC gaming is their "thing." I had never played a TT game on a console until I played Episode 1 of TWAU on 360, and I was SHOCKED at how horribly it ran. Comparing those games to others like TLoU and Halo 4 really show the difference between good developers and bad developers in terms of what you can get out of your hardware.

As far as waiting as you suggest, I am encouraged by the fact that both TWD2 and TWAU got a significant discount (around 50%) for PS3 after only a couple of episodes had been released. I got season passes for TWD2 for $10.49 and TWAU for $8.99 in early March.

My biggest concern is that Tales from the Borderlands continues Telltale' trajectory of dumbed-down interactive stories, with most episodes only running in the 60-75-minute range for TWD2 and TWAU. I don't mind paying ~$10 for a season pass for that, but if I'm paying $20 for a season pass, I'd like something closer to a three-hour experience I got with each Back to the Future episode, or even the first few episodes of TWD1, which both included more complicated puzzles, without being too tough.

I'm still waiting for a discount on TWAU Season Pass for PC. The closest they've gotten so far is 40%, but my hard line is 50%. At first it was okay to wait since the majority of episodes weren't out, but now that we have the series concluding likely around August there's plenty of content to play with now and the first episode sucked me in, but I just knew that I did NOT want to continue the experience on 360, even though I could have got the whole thing for 50% off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)