New Boxes? Design Change?? Check this out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
922 extra features will end up in the garbage can right along with the copy of netscape that ran on the 721.
Netscape that ran ona 721? I don't remember this one.

BTW I am told that this "receiver" was just a concept mock up and is not any receiver that is in production at this time.

Gotta agree on the E* GUI over D* GUI. E*'s stuff makes the HR2x look like ColecoVision.

Gotta agree on the E* GUI over D* GUI. E*'s stuff makes the HR2x look like ColecoVision.

Come now, I see no reason to go and insult the ColecoVision people. After all they arent even in business anymore and cant defend themselves.

Netscape that ran ona 721? I don't remember this one.

BTW I am told that this "receiver" was just a concept mock up and is not any receiver that is in production at this time.

Yes the 721 did have a modified copy of Mozilla , sorry I call eveyting mozilla netscape. It was a horrid browser. The 721 was orginally showed with a usb network card addon and a keyboard simuliar to the ones that came with the 7200 series. Quickly that disappeared when the 721 went to production. It was not seen again until Bell Express was looking to release the 721 as part of a dsl internet bundlewith again a modifield mozilla based broswer. Making it similar to the ATT Home Zone Reciever that ATT had for att/Dish customers. I if you still can find an orginal 721 un opened and you pll the HD out and get pass the encrypted xfs you can find will see the mozilla binaries. It was an afterthought the Bell express model was suppose to have a resdesign on it so an eitherport would be added vs the usb nic that was orginally demoed.

The 721 I do not belive was ever existed on the wilds of canada. What end up multiple revisions of the browser software were on Nimq1 and they could neve get it to work right with out crashing. So the whole turn 721 into a homezone portal / next gen webtv style setup box went away. Some people blamed eldin and well this forum is not the place for it. It is one of the reason why I was sent packing form dbstalk. Dish is as backwards are Directv is about what they think is a secret.

I was a beta tester for the 721 and never saw a web browser.

But one product I do remember which never made it to the streets was DishDVD, it was a Dish Network recevier combined with a DVD player. :)

:rolleyes:

But one product I do remember which never made it to the streets was DishDVD, it was a Dish Network recevier combined with a DVD player. :)

The broswer never made it pass a potential rumor with Dish . The actual browser was not seen until Bell Plained on usin it as a multimedia gateway type device. Due to the way way the 721/921 check the checksum on the binaries I only played with the 721 broswer once back when the firmware was still sitting on nimq1 . Somewhere in old bev press release there is a picute of the 721 with keyboard towuiching it internnet capablities.

It was 5400 model and it did exist in small samples; I almost bought one from a sat store in Canada many years ago.

Yes the 721 did have a modified copy of Mozilla , sorry I call eveyting mozilla netscape. It was a horrid browser. The 721 was orginally showed with a usb network card addon and a keyboard simuliar to the ones that came with the 7200 series. Quickly that disappeared when the 721 went to production. It was not seen again until Bell Express was looking to release the 721 as part of a dsl internet bundlewith again a modifield mozilla based broswer. Making it similar to the ATT Home Zone Reciever that ATT had for att/Dish customers. I if you still can find an orginal 721 un opened and you pll the HD out and get pass the encrypted xfs you can find will see the mozilla binaries. It was an afterthought the Bell express model was suppose to have a resdesign on it so an eitherport would be added vs the usb nic that was orginally demoed.

The 721 I do not belive was ever existed on the wilds of canada. What end up multiple revisions of the browser software were on Nimq1 and they could neve get it to work right with out crashing. So the whole turn 721 into a homezone portal / next gen webtv style setup box went away. Some people blamed eldin and well this forum is not the place for it. It is one of the reason why I was sent packing form dbstalk. Dish is as backwards are Directv is about what they think is a secret.

You are messing a lot - XFS files of 721/921 never been encrypted - only recordings.
Both 721/921 works perfectly with certain USB-Ethernet adapters; the problems was is in production SW - nothing to run; yeah beta versions was much reach then - telnet, FTP, HTTP. As to USB keyboard/mouse - it's still working !

721's are paperweights now since they won't allow them to be active unless someone is doing something with them that I don't know about.

i know last year there was talk that directv was gonna go back with tivo but i dont think that fell through. Directv's dvr isnt that bad at all but a multi-room would be nice, less cabling with pre-installed lines, but one thing with HD's, can the new receivers use splitters?

i know last year there was talk that directv was gonna go back with tivo but i dont think that fell through. Directv's dvr isnt that bad at all but a multi-room would be nice, less cabling with pre-installed lines, but one thing with HD's, can the new receivers use splitters?

The new HD DirecTivo is supposed to be available in the 1st half of 2010.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)