New Business Opportunity...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
I found this advertisement in the local PennySaver. I have no relationship whatsoever with the business. Just thought that you, Dish and DirecTV may find it enjoyable!

See the attached scan if it makes it, if not the text reads:

"ATTENTION
Satellite TV Subscribers

Ask yourself these simple questions

Does your system pop in and out regardless of weather conditions?

Is the cabling just thrown on the house, sagging, drooping and blowing in the wind?

Did the installers look like they weren't old enough to drive?

Did they appear to not have a clue as to what they were doing?

If you said yes to any or all of these questions, then you're not alone.

Call today to see wqhat needs to be done to make your satellite TV system work the way the system providers intended it to work.

10+ years in the business gives us experience to make it work.

Don't jump back to overpriced cable because inexperienced hacks installed your system.

Call us today:

Name & number withheld."

Attachments

• New Business Opportunity (3).jpg
    New Business Opportunity (3).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 154
Sad thing is, this ad is almost specifically targeted to those same new subscribers that WOULDN'T pay for an upgraded install on day one which left them with SOME of those described items. Now I am of FIRM belief that the FREE, BASIC install should include more options than it does, but I really wonder how many are going to pay now; at an even higher rate?

The only item that should concern me if I chose that FREE BASIC install would be the service "popping" in & out, and that should be repaired by the original installer for FREE! I could care less how old the guy looks. And, if he seems like he doesn't have a clue, don't let him do the work! AND if the cables are thrown over the house and blowing in the wind, don't let the installer leave without repairing it.

If you let all this happen, then you are just as much to blame IMHO. I am not an installer, but new subscribers, please use your head and some common sense!

A lot of people will think that the fixes will be owed to them and think that you are the company trying to fix the problems and may not pay after the work is completed and just tell you to contact the company to pay you for fixing their mistakes and tell you that you can sue them if you want to because the work was not done right in the first place. This would also give satelltie a bad name making it appear as if many if not most systems are not installed correctly or make some people think that theirs may not be installed correctly or blame certian problems on the install when the problem may be somewhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)