1+1 International

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
We have a new channel, 1+1 International from Ukraine. It is on 321 in glorious SD.

Edit: A smart person on the CE forum said it's in HD... you be the judge. It could be very low bandwidth HD, I guess.

Reactions: c-spand and AZ.
According to the guide it's in HD. Can't tell since it's not actually on right now. There is a "technical difficulties" banner up.

It will take em another 50 years to figure out how to flip the switch:coco
Well, the channel IS on the air this morning ....
Looks SD to me ....
Not that HD would make much difference with the content they are showing.
It is in 16x9 format in SD from what I can tell.

Now that I see a Studio shot, I guess it could be in HD, the TV reports it as 1080i.
What they showed earlier definitely was not.

Reactions: John2021
Well, the channel IS on the air this morning ....
Looks SD to me ....
Not that HD would make much difference with the content they are showing.
It is in 16x9 format in SD from what I can tell.

Now that I see a Studio shot, I guess it could be in HD, the TV reports it as 1080i.
What they showed earlier definitely was not.
I'll have to check on it later

The commentary is in English, but whats on the screen is not, so you can't read the crawl and anything else.
Our receivers, except like HR2x series, always show 1080i now, ever since they got rid of native mode. Even if you tune to like C-Span, it will show 1080i. So that method does not work anymore. Perhaps someone with an old HR2x in native mode can tell us. Didn't you have one at one point, actually?

It looks better now than when it first came on, you can read small text on the screen that you would otherwise not be able to read. Here is the thing... It was added to the 103 satellite. Most things there are HD. There is MPEG4 SD, too, however, like many of the Spanish channels, and the PI channels that are in MPEG4 in the 300s. 1+1 doesn't fit either of those categories, so it is likely that IS HD at some level in the Directv system. The SD international channels are now MPEG4 on the 99 satellite, and the HD ones have always been treated as "regular" HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)